Important Survey - Please Participate ×

This is for my girlfriend. I need help

[li...]

this isn’t for me, i’ve never taken benzos. I know it’s confusing and i really just need help. My girlfriend just broke up with me yesterday but when i saw her she looked out of her mind, eyes rolling back, no motor function, looked exhausted, could barely talk and all her words were slurred. She later told me her and this girl went on a 3 day binge with klonopin, antidepressants, alcohol and weed. My gf is not prescribed with klonopin or thé antidepressants. She was scaring me, i’ve never seen her like that. I don’t even recognize her, she said a lot of hurtful things to me and she doesn’t care. She said she feels like a zombie, can’t comprehend anything. My words can’t get through to her, I love her a lot, im scared. We are only 18, I can’t go to her parents cause they wouldn’t do much. I reached out today about the breakup and she is still in a zombified state. I miss her, im scared for her, she will never turn down drugs but now that we aren’t dating I can’t covet her. I need help and advice from people who got through this, will she snap out of this state eventually? Have you ever made rash decisions while high that you recognized were bad when you sobered up? When she was talking she was highly suicidal, telling me to chill, irritable, movements were slow. Please help

Hello lilkprincess, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I would imagine your girlfriend will be okay even after her 3 day binge but its actually good she's not prescribed benzodiazepines because hopefully she won't have access to anymore.  What she did was dangerous, benzodiazepines and alcohol both affect the respiratory system, she could have stopped breathing. 

Most of our members have taken benzodiazepines as prescribed by their doctors so this forum doesn't really deal with those abusing these drugs.  If she continues to take benzo's that's when she could begin to have issues, it can take months and years to recover from using them, even taken as prescribed.  its the most painful experience most of us will even go through, I know it was for me. The mental and physical torture we endure because of this tiny little pill is a nightmare. 

I'm sorry her comments to you were hurtful, hopefully when she sobers up she'll be remorseful and apologize, I can see you're in pain.

I'll provide some links for you to look at, so you can educate yourself about the dangers of this drug.

Pamster

Colorado  Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning  Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

The  Ashton Manual

i’m so relieved someone responded and i’m really fortunate there’s still time to reverse this. I’m happy and i’m optimistic right now, you’ve truly helped make my day along many others. it’s been really rough. Hopefully when she sobers up it’ll be okay. Thank you so much ❤️

Support her as best as you can but it is ultimately her decision. It's tough to see a loved one go through this. Wishing the best for both of you.

Benzos and alcohol can lower inhibitions & reveal some repressed feelings in some cases. My advice would be to help from a distance, but take care of yourself first & if she continues these activities then it’s probably for the best that you are separated. I myself got off heroin years ago and recently got off benzos & would routinely take multiple doses to just zone out.

Addicts , especially binge addicts can only heal once they make the conscious decision to stop themselves.

I hope this advice can be of some help or consolation. Consider hitting the gym and lifting some iron and eating protein and getting in shape yourself. This will help at least with the break up pain