Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Propranolol anyone?

[di...]

Hi,

I'm wondering how many of you take propranolol?  I've been suffering with upper stomach problems for quite a few weeks now and I'm not sure if it's due to my rapid taper around 5 weeks or so ago, or due to the propranolol. Or, due to anxiety and its just a coincidence.

My upper stomach distress is bubbling gurgling, a sensation of burning (not heartburn) and terrible hunger pangs every hour. I'm finding it really distressing. The propranolol I take are the normal tablet form, not extended release.

Does anyone else who are currently taking propranolol get these symptoms? Or does anyone who's not taking propranolol but either tapering or already withdrawn get these symptoms? Desperately looking for answers to this problem.

Thank you everyone.

Diana

Hi Tyson

Are they the regular tablets or slow release? And do you take them with, before, or after food?

Thank you

[ab...]

Hi,

I was on it.

Was helpful in acute, but I believe it made things worse when I started to take it daily. It comes with it's own withdrawal. Make sure you check out the side effects. This Propranolol is no joke.

Naf1983

Hi,

I'm wondering how many of you take propranolol?  I've been suffering with upper stomach problems for quite a few weeks now and I'm not sure if it's due to my rapid taper around 5 weeks or so ago, or due to the propranolol. Or, due to anxiety and its just a coincidence.

My upper stomach distress is bubbling gurgling, a sensation of burning (not heartburn) and terrible hunger pangs every hour. I'm finding it really distressing. The propranolol I take are the normal tablet form, not extended release.

Does anyone else who are currently taking propranolol get these symptoms? Or does anyone who's not taking propranolol but either tapering or already withdrawn get these symptoms? Desperately looking for answers to this problem.

Thank you everyone.

Diana

Naf? Are the side effects worse than benzodiazepines and antidepressants etc????  Not sure I want to check them out to be honest. I don't think I'd actually want to know the side effects as yet ugh

[ab...]

After this Benzo debacle I will never take these kinds of drugs again and I will always check what a drug does before taking them. I don't have experience with antidepressants

Naf? Are the side effects worse than benzodiazepines and antidepressants etc????  Not sure I want to check them out to be honest. I don't think I'd actually want to know the side effects as yet ugh