Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Inhaler steroids

[Ra...]

Hi all

I was given a dry inhaler that had steroids in it. I have been a mess for 2  weeks since the day I started it. The anxiety, panic, and other symptoms  were better and better. Right now they are off the charts. Sleeping poorly and Just  a real difficult time. Anyone have any info as to what these things do with withdrawal  at the same time?

I've read so many members having symptom spikes after using steroids, are you close to being done with your treatment?

Pamster

I’m done. It’s the 2nd day off the steroid and I woke up feeling really good. I was in a good place and things have been progressing till I used that inhaler. Hopefully I continue. It’s such a rough ride that something to make it worse is not good.

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better already, I was afraid you'd feel the effects of the inhaler for awhile. 

Hi all

I was given a dry inhaler that had steroids in it. I have been a mess for 2  weeks since the day I started it. The anxiety, panic, and other symptoms  were better and better. Right now they are off the charts. Sleeping poorly and Just  a real difficult time. Anyone have any info as to what these things do with withdrawal  at the same time?

Im sorry to hear your steroid inhalors are revving up your symptoms, i use steroid inhalors too for my asthma but i lt doesnt affect me at all, everyone is different and its really just trial and error