Important Survey - Please Participate ×

z-drgs tapering

[Se...]

Hi,

I was taking Z-drugs for more than 10 years, but developed tolerance at the end and had interdose withdrawals. Specially when I took 20 mg Zolpidem or 15 mg Zopiclon.

I started tapering from 20 mg one month ago and I am already down to 2,5 mg. It´s going better than I expected.

Hello Sebastian Larsson :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you’re here.    It sounds like your coping okay, well done starting your taper, don’t try to rush it.  The mechanism of action of Z drugs is similar to that of benzodiazepines, they both work on the same receptors. They should be tapered slow, in a similar fashion to benzos.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  Our members will be happy to help where they can.  It is generally recommended to taper benzodiazepines no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days.  The goal is to minimize withdrawal effects

You might wish to post to this support group

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

I will put a link to the Ashton Manual, although it discusses benzo withdrawal, there is some information about sleep hypnotics as well.

Ashton Manual

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita