Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Miss Vicky. I.m new

[Mi...]

I am Miss Vicky addicted to Zopeclone.  I really need to stop but am scared of the taper and really need someone. To guide me.  Thank you

Hi Missvicky

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I know it can be very scary when we first realize the impact of these pills and that we need to taper them. But thousands of people have done it and so can you! You are not alone, we are here for you and we have lots of knowledge and expertise to help you. Can you tell us how long have you been on Zopiclone and what is your dose? I also want to ask you if you've previously used benzo's?

Generally we recommend cuts of no more than 5-10% every two weeks or so but it's best to let your symptoms guide your taper rate. This should allow you to remain functional while you're tapering.

Here are some links to get you started:

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Add your history/signature

Please look around and start posting when you're ready!

Thank you for responding. It’s comforting to know some support is out there.  I have been abusing Zopeclone for the past seven years on and off .  doctor prescribed for PTSD.  she told me they were not addictive and just kept prescribing  but I.m the one who abused them so I must take some responsibility.  On an average day I could take 14 mg for sleep at bedtime and another 7.5 around 5:30 am. .After one particular episode I would take 2x7.5 to sleep in the afternoon.  I had  been in detox (a medical detox for 30 days)6 years ago without success and never was told about the rebound symptoms.  They just wanted the money. so now here I am now knowing all the adverse effects and am petrified to taper myself.  Thanks for any advice I can get.

Hey Vicky, I am currently into coming clean from Lunesta & Ambien. I ct'd as follows: 1st 7 days total hell. Next to no sleep, hallucinations, the works. That was expected. Then I did the next 3 weeks until I got a bad infection, and had to reinstate for a week.

That cleared up, and here's what's going on: I am in the 11th day of no meds. My routine is to eat a ton of ultra healthy foods, drink lots of milk and water, walk 2-3 miles a day, fill my schedule with endless projects, even just folding towels and cleaning the house. Go outside first thing in the morning. Read Kindle 2 hours before bed, and stay up as late as possible to promote sleepiness. All of this begins to build back the seratonin, GABA and dopamine amongst other hormones in the body and brain. My REM sleep has gone from 1 hour maybe to a consistent 4-5 hours in the past 11 days. I am now totally functioning in the daytime and have had happy emotions return this early in the game. I expect far more recovery still over the next few months.

My best friend quit a heavy Ambien abuse a few years back and did this exact same routine. He was feeling amazing at about 90 days, but noticed improvement much sooner. His system is compromised by Lymes disease, so that' was an extra hurdle for him.

I considered the taper thing briefly, but with these hypnotic pills it wasn't going to work. I'm so glad I ripped the band aid off and cold turkey'd. SO GLAD.

Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from the naysayers who can't get off this stuff. You can, I am. If you sit around wondering if you will ever get back to normal then you won't. Your brain and body must be pushed hard to rebuild. I already have my life back. You've just got to take charge of the situation. You can follow my progress in the PROGRESS forum.

God Bless, Dave

How much is your doctor prescribing you per day and if you were to guess, what do you think your average daily use is?

Thank you done with it I appreciate the help.  7 years ago I was prescribed 1  and a half tablet to sleep ar night .....so 7.5 plus say 4 mg equally 11 mg.  In the few years after various incidents I was diagnosed with ptsd.  The 11mg couldn’t cut it anymore and I started to abuse them during the day  15 mg to nap and shut my brain down. I guess for the last three years I’ve been taking 30 mg give or take(not prescribed) per day.  I tried one medical taper without success and now I’m petrified and on my own to start a taper AGAIN: