Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hi, I'm 21 months off today

[fa...]

Hi everyone,

You might like to include some of the following information in your introduction:

I'm joining just to connect with others going through protracted wd. 

I was originally on 2mg ativan, for 2 years then valium to taper which I did over a course of 6 months very loosely following ashton method.

I'm 21 months off today

My mental symptoms are extremely difficult, and terrible headaches, cluster headaches it feels like.

I have what I consider OCD type thoughts and extreme anger these days. 

Looking to connect with others for advice.

Cheers,

Sean

Hello faith hope love 82, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry to hear you've still got symptoms but you'll be in good company, most of our members don't see recovery until around the 2 year mark.  I've been reading quite a few members dealing with headaches, it seems like this process hits us where we're the most vulnerable.

I'll provide some links to help you get started on the forum but we're glad you're here and hope we can help you.

Pamster

Ashton  Manual symptom list

Post-withdrawal  Recovery Support

The  Ashton Manual

Thank you. 

Yes its been quite a ride.  I mean I do see some improvement from year one.  I cannot list all the sx at the moment.  I would say I am able to sleep almost full nights now, its the mental sx and face/head pain that are difficult to deal with.

I am a 40 year old dad of two small girls (2.5 years and 7 month).. I can't seem to rest. 

I am Christian and rely a lot on faith since the beginning of this rollercoaster.  Is there anywhere on these forums we can connect with others in the faith? 

Thanks,

Sean

I'm grateful you've been able to see improvement and its wonderful to hear you're sleeping but understand how discouraging it is to still be feeling symptoms this far out, especially with a young family.

We're a secular forum but we do have a board where people can talk about what helps them through this process, just read the board description before posting, hopefully it will meet your needs. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=169.0