Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Ticket subject

[li...]

I am a long time benzo free and was doing well with a few residual symptoms. I then got an infection and was given antibiotics which have affected me and the symptoms are now awful . I would like some support as it’s difficult to find my way out of this nightmare.

Hi Liberty2 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm so glad you joined us today.  I am sorry you're having a rotten time after antibiotics, I am sure it will turn around again. I've had  rough time after antibiotics, It might take a little while but you will get better, it will come good again.  You’ve come to a great place for support, you will connect with others who understand what you're going through.    Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, you will get plenty of support here.

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.   

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Let us know if you need anything, we are here to help

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hello . I am so very afraid that I will be stuck like this. I am feeling terrified as it’s jUst awful after being almost over the w/d to find myself back here again. Scared I won’t recover.

The pain is exactly like when I was first off and its devastating.

I can hardly walk and just stuck with the beating pain. In bed most of the time finding it difficuLt to walk and sleep is non existent.

How can this happen? I was doing well apart fro a few residual symptoms. Now since antibiotics I feel back in acute after years of thinking I was just coming to the end of this nightmare. I was enjoying life despite residual bits and now totally stuck in bed so scared that I won’t recover.

I am so scared . My emotions are gone all I feel is fear and pain. Please could you tell me if you have seen this before and will I get through this? I am also struggling with how to do things on here. Since my huge flare everything is affected I am just stuck and v afraid this is how it will now be for me, Thank you 🙏

Hi Liberty2

I know how awful you must feel right now, I know your scared but try and stay positive,  get up for a little while and  do little things, distract, keep distracting.  You’ve gotten better before and you will again.  I’ve had setbacks due to antibiotics, most of the setbacks were short lived, lasting a few weeks to a few months. I am so sorry that you are going through this, I know it’s frustrating but you have to keep calm, accept whats happened and move forward,  trust that your body is repairing  itself as it did before. You will get back to your baseline, I am sure it won’t take  as long as you think its going to take.

Post on the forum for support, not many members visit the intro, I will leave you the post withdrawal link again

Post withdrawal recovery support.   

It will get better again so hang in there, try and take your mind away from the negative, think positive It will turn around again.

Magrita :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...