Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Blood pressure problem

[Ga...]

My blood pressure has been elevated lately. My cardiologist gave me benazepril which is an ace inhibitor. I took one and it exacerbated my withdrawal symptoms. Can anyone tell me what kind of blood pressure medicine I might take that won’t exacerbate my withdrawal symptoms? Thanks

We often hear from members experiencing blood pressure fluctuations and spikes during withdrawal.  I'm sorry the med your cardiologist prescribed didn't sit well with you.  I wonder if it might be helpful for you to have a conversation with your cardiologist to ask if there's an adjustment period with benazepril.  It might be worth sticking with the med if that's the case.  I'm not personally aware of issues with benzos and benazepril but others might chime in about their experiences. 

Thanks Brighterday, the thing is, I have taken benazepril in the past with no problem and no adjustment period. I actually asked the dr to prescribe it because I have taken it in the past with no problem. I’m going to my primary Dr tomorrow if I can on such short notice and was hoping someone on the forum might be familiar with this problem and have some good advice as to what kind of medication I should ask for. Thanks