Exercise induced setback. DESPERATE!

[We...]

I am not exercising since then and still declining. I had mental window a week ago which eased physical symptoms a little bit but now I am back in a wave which only brought some new debilitating symptoms.

The decline was triggered by exercise...i dont really understand ur question... Everything went south after that exercise day. And kept declining after that day... I made ALL the tests under the sun and they all came perfectly fine....

But if exercise can throw us back in acute then the whole benzo theory is WRONG. Everyone here talks about receptors,gaba,serotonin etc. Well exercise cant upregulate or downregulate these things so quickly that we suddenly are left with no gaba etc. If exercise can break our cns again then this whole gaba,receptors etc sh.it is nothing but bullhit. Then we should abandon that theory and start thinkinh about new theories.

Also when we talk about covid setbacks, covid has nothing to do with gaba,serotonin etc... But people get setbacks from it too. So i believe our gaba and hormone systems are well regilated. There is no lack of gaba etc. Its just that we damaged cns.

Intense exercise increases levels of two common neurotransmitters — glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA — that are responsible for chemical messaging within the brain

When we produce GABA since our receptors are damaged they cannot receive it it has nowhere to go and that causes our symptoms to ramp up.

I am not exercising since then and still declining. I had mental window a week ago which eased physical symptoms a little bit but now I am back in a wave which only brought some new debilitating symptoms.

The decline was triggered by exercise...i dont really understand ur question... Everything went south after that exercise day. And kept declining after that day... I made ALL the tests under the sun and they all came perfectly fine....

I know it’s not an answer for you, but it is a good sign that you had a mental window a week ago.

It may help you to know that it’s not at all unusual to experience long intense waves at this point in recovery, but they do eventually pass. You are still healing!

I say this often, but it really is so important to avoid stress, including the kind of stress that builds up when we focus too much attention on our symptoms, which then only increase.

But this feels like a new baseline. A never had physical sx until now. Now i have plenty. Its not a wave i think. Its new baseline which is lower then acute

Honestly, people can go through more intense longer waves at your stage of recovery. It’s very possible that because you are feeling the way you are, your fear is telling you that this is your new normal, but there’s really no basis for that, as you don’t know when a window will return, it could be tomorrow. All your thoughts are arising through a filter or fear at the moment, and there’s no reason to think that this is anything other than a long intense wave. I really wish there were something we could do to ease this for you, but sometimes we just have to hold on as best we can until we come out the other side, as there really is no other way out than through to the other side.  :hug:

This is my third trip going through this crap. Once with a stomach drug called Bentyl, then Ambien for heart PAC's and now Xanax that was prescribed for sleep issues. The Bentyl withdraw was horrific about as bad as the Xanax. All three were cold turkey. An old school nurse who was a friend of my mother's kept me sane going through the Bentyl withdrawal and yes exercise kills energy levels and you will also probably have a bad night's sleep. But it will get the whole thing over faster and here's why according to her. All these drugs are fat soluble and they lay in your muscle tissues. They are not coming out very easily but with revving up that metabolism they are forced out and go back into the blood stream. When they wear off you go back into withdrawal as if you took the drug but its a process you have to go through or this crap will lay in your tissues for years. I am not a medical person but I've had a lot of experience with withdrawals and doctors and this was my experience. You've been contaminated with these pharmaceuticals and there is no easy way out. Keep working out and release these chemicals. As I see it this is the process and what's going to happen. At least it has been for me.

• Popular Now