Need Help

[Fa...]

[06...]

Hi FHL

Congratulations on a baby girl!!

I’m so glad you feel you are now finding some level of stabilisation over this time. I know you don’t feel great, but the main thing is that you come to understand what stabilisation feels like for you. Becoming familiar with that “plateau.”

I wouldn’t expect your sleep to return to what it once was, but as long as you are getting regular sleep. The sleep will never be the same quality as it once was, either, but you do get used to being tired. My house mate asked me the other day if I was feeling tired, and I replied - “I’m ‘always’ tired, but I’m used to it, and the more distant my memory of how I used to sleep, the more normalised this lesser quality of sleep becomes. Although you will always experience some level of symptom based unwell-ness, the main thing is that you are not always stuck in that heightened survival mode (fight or flight) all the time, and with a sensible taper reduction, as you have outlined above, everything is manageable from there.  :thumbsup:

Again,

Congratulations…!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much, Winters sun!  You have been a blessing to me, and I know to many others.  I finally felt confident and stable enough to reduce to 10.5mg valium 8 days ago!  Didn't think that day was going to come.  The baby girl is doing great and so glad I held my dose for so long (at your advice) to help ensure I was better equipped to be present and useful.  I get my rear end out of bed everyday at 6am (sleep or no sleep) and take my 6 year old son to school before work so my wife can tend to our baby girl.  Everyday is a struggle, but I continue to fight!  Again, thank you for your support and words over these past months.

[06...]

Thank you so much, Winters sun!  You have been a blessing to me, and I know to many others.  I finally felt confident and stable enough to reduce to 10.5mg valium 8 days ago!  Didn't think that day was going to come.  The baby girl is doing great and so glad I held my dose for so long (at your advice) to help ensure I was better equipped to be present and useful.  I get my rear end out of bed everyday at 6am (sleep or no sleep) and take my 6 year old son to school before work so my wife can tend to our baby girl.  Everyday is a struggle, but I continue to fight!  Again, thank you for your support and words over these past months.

You’re very welcome, FHL.

So glad to hear you are now coping ok. I know you’re not yourself, and it is still difficult, but we do become accepting of, and conditioned to the experience.  :thumbsup: