Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Today is my one year benzo off!

[I ...]

My new birthday..21st of November, the previous night on 20th last year I took my last 0.10 Clonazepam and I made the best thing I ever made for myself after full 11 years on Lorazepam.

I have risen from the ashes! By pourpuse I choosed this date for quiting as the strongest date of whole year for quiting/giving death on something that doesn't serve you anymore.

The last degrees of Scorpio period, the nights in the North hemisphere getting longest and darkest, and I gave the benzoses on the night for how soon at 21 st of December I'll get new rebirth, new happier beginning, new sunrise being clean of drugs that caused me a lot of bad things in my case, and really happened that..

I was ready and I made very strong and positive autosuggestion, and I did it!!!

One year later I feel completely healed, I have job and I'm studying nursing university!!!

The last decade while I was on benzoses I couldn't read one sentace, I was completely miserable in every segment of my life...

Only one year being off and I made crazy changes!

In any aspect of myself I'm feeling blessings now!!!

Tonight I made a big party for my new birthday, everything is soo amazing, and I must to say that only one year and half earlier when for a first time I wrote a desperate post here crying for help in my acute I wanted to die!

I was in severe OCD with depersonalisation being sure that in one night I became a monster after a big cut of my Lorazepam.

I didn't believe that I'll ever come back to my real self !

But it happened!!!

I'm better than ever before!!!

Don't stop believing please!!!

Not all of us will be healed in the same time, but for sure will be, some earlier some later!!!

Cheers my dear buddies!!!

Greetings from Greece 🇬🇷💓

[b6...]
Congratulations!! Do you possibly remember where you were at 2, 3 months? When you became functional again? I know we’re all different, yet when someone posts their amazing success it would be SO HELPFUL to know I will live again well, prior to 24 months from now. Any insight and encouragement at this stage would be greatly appreciated! 🙏