Netflix - November 30 - Take Your Pills: Xanax

[Ms...]

Stevie Nick's of Fleetwood Mac spent 54 days in hospital during klonopin withdrawal. Read her story.

Johnathan Davis of Korn shares his benzo nightmare with everyone.

Not to mention Whitney Houston,  Heather Ledger , Tom Petty and  countless others that died from this poison. For big pharma its the perfect pill.

Reading about Stevie Nick’s experience is so helpful. Sometimes I go back and read this account of her experience and it reminds me that I’m not alone.

She share how W/D from Klonopin was insurmountable when compared to going to Betty Ford for cocaine.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2020/12/28/stevie-nicks/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ms...]

• [Ju...]

• [Co...]

• [Pa...]

Still haven't seen Take Your Pills: Xanax in full, but these are my favorite benzo-related documentaries (in no particular order):

Lisa Ling's The Benzo Crisis, As Prescribed, Medicating Normal and Shane Kenny's The Benzodiazepine Medical Disaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVoFlGR7Lhsr

Thank you for sharing! I want to watch “As Prescribed”

Currently, it’s available from the Social Impact Film Festival.

https://www.socialimpactfilmfestival.com/2023-lineup/7r8uo9p81rckjiigrvec1e9wlye7xq-lnwny-8dsrk-7p7ya-lpgmp

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't seen Take Your Pills: Xanax in full, but these are my favorite benzo-related documentaries (in no particular order):

Lisa Ling's The Benzo Crisis, As Prescribed, Medicating Normal and Shane Kenny's The Benzodiazepine Medical Disaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVoFlGR7Lhsr

Thank you for sharing! I want to watch “As Prescribed”

Currently, it’s available from the Social Impact Film Festival.

https://www.socialimpactfilmfestival.com/2023-lineup/7r8uo9p81rckjiigrvec1e9wlye7xq-lnwny-8dsrk-7p7ya-lpgmp

Oh that's cool! I saw it's pay what you can - so probably an affordable time to watch!

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the documentary and appreciated the nod to Heather Ashton and her manual.  I wish they had spent more time on the withdrawal aspect, such as explaining the four phases and various methods of tapering. 

Overall, it was just okay.

I agree. I just found this thread on BB about the doc. I watched it shortly after it came out. With so much glorification of Xanax in Hollywood/the media, I think the W/D stories could have been stronger. There are so many people suffering or who have suffered. I am thankful they mentioned the Ashton manual. I just wish they had profiled an individual who has the typical (but HORRIBLE) W/D experience. And how easily that can happen.

Friends of mine asked if I had watched the doc, as some know about my experiences. I shared what I shared above. I think sharing more stories would be helpful. I felt for all of the individuals though and was just thankful to see it.

I do think, from my reading, doctors, generally, have cut back on benzo prescriptions, just as they have with opioids. However, that doesn’t help folks who were prescribed it years ago.

More stories would be nice. And for that documentary to have just came out, it did a disservice and didn't seem to capture John's complete story. At about the 43rd minute, John shares his story and the documentary leaves his story almost in a "good" place. However, in 2022, he gave a presentation and said that in 2020 he lost his job due to complications of the withdrawals. As of that presentation in 2022, he was still unable to work. I wish the Netflix producers would have captured the more thorough view of his story instead of cutting it short and glossing over it.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the documentary and appreciated the nod to Heather Ashton and her manual.  I wish they had spent more time on the withdrawal aspect, such as explaining the four phases and various methods of tapering. 

Overall, it was just okay.

I agree. I just found this thread on BB about the doc. I watched it shortly after it came out. With so much glorification of Xanax in Hollywood/the media, I think the W/D stories could have been stronger. There are so many people suffering or who have suffered. I am thankful they mentioned the Ashton manual. I just wish they had profiled an individual who has the typical (but HORRIBLE) W/D experience. And how easily that can happen.

Friends of mine asked if I had watched the doc, as some know about my experiences. I shared what I shared above. I think sharing more stories would be helpful. I felt for all of the individuals though and was just thankful to see it.

I do think, from my reading, doctors, generally, have cut back on benzo prescriptions, just as they have with opioids. However, that doesn’t help folks who were prescribed it years ago.

More stories would be nice. And for that documentary to have just came out, it did a disservice and didn't seem to capture John's complete story. At about the 43rd minute, John shares his story and the documentary leaves his story almost in a "good" place. However, in 2022, he gave a presentation and said that in 2020 he lost his job due to complications of the withdrawals. As of that presentation in 2022, he was still unable to work. I wish the Netflix producers would have captured the more thorough view of his story instead of cutting it short and glossing over it.

I agree 100%, it's kind of like the mainstream news. We never get the full story, we just get what media wants us to get. Even on this website, we're not allowed to speak the truth and call out doctors and authorities and other issues that might be contributing to the problem.