Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

34 months Benzo free and living and learning!

[...]

Good morning fellow BWD Buddies,

I am 34 months Benzo free today. I’m functioning well most days with symptoms that are tolerable. My tinnitus is relentless, but I’ve learned to live with it. Stressful situations can still trigger a wave of symptoms, but I have become less fearful when a wave comes. I’ve also discovered that I was triggered by stressful events prior to taking a Benzo. That was a big realization! I can honestly say that I’m grateful for my Benzo journey because it has helped me understand myself better and grow mentally and spiritually.

It has been a 9 year journey and will continue for the rest of my life. I’m so grateful to be alive and functioning, and I’m grateful for all of my Benzo Buddies who have helped me on this journey. My faith in my God and myself has gotten me through some horrific days, weeks and months!

I believe we all heal in our own way and time, and grow healthier and stronger as we journey through this part of our lives.

Wishing everyone healing, comfort and peace,

Sandy🥰

Congratulations sjs on 34 months Benzo free!!  Thank you for sharing this.  I see so much strength and inspiration in your positive attitude.  :thumbsup::)

• 2 weeks later...