Cognitive problems-Memory Impairment and Amnesia

[Be...]

I fix MRI and CT machines for a large international corporation. It takes a lot of thinking and alot of physical labor as well. Thankfully I have been doing it long enough that I can usually run on autopilot. But it is getting harder and harder. The more sleep I lose the worse my cog fog becomes as well as my ability to do the physical side of it. I really thought because of my short term use and reasonably low dose I would have been healed by now. i guess that is not to be.

Hey Becks,

I have every test I could think of MRI and CT with contrast, blood work, neurological workup, everything came back normal.  I am either told I have anxiety disorder or im bi polar, lol. Never had any kinda of mental problems until I took xanax. Hopefully my brain heals and I can resume life before I lose everything. What about you? Haabe you had any testing done to rule anything out.

I have cognitive issues as well!  Its my processing speed mostly and memory.  I forget to do a lot!  I have sticky notes everywhere, reminding me to do things!  It's stressful because I have a part time job- it's mostly work from home, so that's good.  I don't have to work, but I keep it because it forces me to use my brain.  I am afraid If I don't use it, I will loose it!

When in tolerance w/d, I went to a Neurologist and he ran an ANA blood test to screen for autoimmune disorders and mine came back positive.  Was diagnosed with Lupus.  Have you had this test done?  Mine is drug-induced Lupus from the benzo's and Z-drugs. 

I dont think I have had an ANA test done. Im not sure though. I have given up lots of blood for many different tests though.

Do any of you get the brain burning sensation. Anytime I have to think to hard, like when watching TV or try to have a conversation, My brain burn really kicks into high gear. Just wondering if others experience this. I think its from to much gluramate flooding the brain with not enough gaba to slow it down.

• 3 weeks later...

The derealization and depersonalization itself can cause memory problems and impairments: not being able to emotionally connect to anything is in itself an impairment.

It can be hard to get up and do with no emotion; it's emotion that gives us strength and motivates us. It gives us a sense of clarity and "self".

Cog fog, derealization, cotton-headed all synonymous.

Umbrella term.

It's caused by high stress, anxiety and cortisol. In which is what you have. Keep faith and keep marching on.

Will get better...