Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Small dose of Trazadone for sleep?

[li...]

Doc rx'd Trazadone for sleep if I feel I need it.  I've been getting really restless sleep and am possibly considering it.  I don't want to add another med, but have been told by many that it's pretty safe and easy to taper off of when then time comes.  I just don't want to add something if it's not going to help.  I'm very sensitive to meds, so I would only start at like 12.5mg.

Thanks!

Lisa

I tried Trazadone before and the highest amounts didn't help me at all.  I think everyone has different reactions to it so try it and see if you get any results.  I'm currently tapering from temazepam and was prescribed 200 mg of doxepin and that seems to be helping me.

Sunny,

I've only taken it one night.  Time will tell.  I noticed you were on it and then went off.  Do you mind me asking why you went off of it?  Just curious.

Thanks!

Lisa

I had taken it for years and was c/t off of it by an idiot doctor...that led to my tolerance with Klonopin and then the rapid taper nightmare and benzo w/d hell....I tried Trazodone again after all of that last summer and it just never worked...then I started getting paranoid that it was keeping me from healing from benzo w/d...I don't think it was and I am not opposed to trying it again if I can not get this insomnia straightened out.

What dose did you take? Did you sleep with it?  I took 100mgs and it worked AWESOME before benzo w/d. I'd like to think it will work again if I need it.

I only took the 12.5mg.  Not sure if it helped or not.  I've been trying to stay with tryptophan, antihistimines, and some aminos.  I just get scared of having to taper off of another med.  But, when it comes to sleep vs. no sleep - I'll go to the Trazadone.  Sleep is soooooo very important. 

I'll keep you all updated.  Hope everyone is well.

Lisa

I started taking 50mgs of Trazodone last sunday and have slept 3 consecutive nights....I agree you will need to taper but if you do it right it will be fine...I personally get very revved up by anti-histamines and can not take them...Trazodone feels tame to my body.