Trying to find the bottom!

[St...]

I just learned my Dr. appt is Oct 3rd.  She is replacing my retired Dr so it will be the first time meeting her.  I suppose we will both be sizing each other up.  I also want a Vitamin D blood level check.  I have read that benzos deplete Vitamin D and can make your body prone to fractures.

if this next few days go well, I'm considering going from .25 4x a day to x25 3x a day.  After that I'd be overjoyed to be able to then go to x25 2x a day and THEN, begin a modified DMT (cut and hold)? 

I think those cuts are way too big. From  0.25 x4 to 0.25 x3 is a 25% cut. We're suggesting a 7.5% cut. I also think you need to stay at this new determined dose for at least 2 weeks to stabilize. That's how much time we're giving between cuts to let our bodies get used to each new dose. Once you've stabilized at a dose you start tapering by taking away little by little from each dose. Usually people don't eliminate one single dose in one go. Your body has become used to having that dose at that time,  so completely eliminating it could set off a whole set of symptoms again.  :thumbsup:

Jelly,

Would you say (maybe you've already said, I apologize), I could go from 1.0 (.25 4x a day) to a reduction of 1.0 X .075 and would it be okay to try that 2x a day.  Then allow my body to adjust to that?  Should I be changing to .5 2x a day if I want to do this 2x a day?  OR, now I'm somewhat managing at .25 4x a day, change to 1.0 at .33 3x a day first.  I didn't realize I was this interested in becoming a chemist/pharmacist.  That was a joke.

Thanks.

Rae.

Rae

I apologise I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you not stabilizing at this dosing? Are you trying to change your dosing schedule or are you asking how to start your first reduction?

My understanding is, that I don't want to be dosing 4x a day.  I'm trying to prepare for the reduction in dose by rearranging my current dose schedule in order to prepare for a reduction of dose.  I do believe I'm stabilizing.

Thank you.

I just want to ask, if four times a day is working for you and you're stabilizing, why do you want to change it? If I understand what your concern is then I can help you better.

Well, it was suggested that as I begin to taper a dosing schedule of 4x a day would be a big hassle.

Yeah, I know I said that, but the purpose was to stabilize you at a different dosing schedule from the start.

If we change it now after you stabilize we're risking upsetting the apple cart again. Many people taper multiple doses so it's not the end of the world.

The best thing is you're stabilizing and that's a major achievement. Wrapping your head around all the "science" stuff,  can be daunting but you're making great progress. You're asking the right questions, getting your "pharmacy" set up, before you know it, you'll be a pro at this stuff!

Hi Jelly,

I'm doing "ok".  Have my weepy moments, frustrations, etc.  Trying to get out of the house a couple times a day to grocery store, errands, etc.  Spending some time pulling weeds, just staying not busy but doing things to take my mind off of this.

I slept through my 2am .25 dose last night.  For better or worse, I'm going to try .25 3x a day and watch out for day 4.  New Dr. appt 1st week in October.  I'm really just praying my initial problems were due to the irregularity of my dosing.  I really want to know how I am after cutting the .25 before I go to the Dr. so I'll know what type of approach and plan I'll need to have.  I feel like a lab rat.

Thank you so much for checking in.  It means so much.

Rae

It's good you're trying to distract. And it seems you're trying your best to cope with the symptoms so I'm giving you credit for "okay". Don't feel bad about the 2am dose. It must be tough getting up to take it.

Another option to consider is staying at 1mg but taking 0.25, 0.25mg and then 0.5mg at night. But this suggestion is for right now while you're still trying to get the right dose and timing.

You're not the only lab rat. I've tried 3 methods of tapering and I'm still experimenting in my lower numbers with just how much to reduce by. It just helps so much when you talk to others about the process and get their input. I know in the beginning I felt overwhelmed but now I understand tapering so much better so it's easier for me to experiment now. You'll get there. You're doing a great job!  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jelly,

I just wanted to hop on this thread and ask (if you know) does the ear ringing ever stop?  In deciding if it is time to make a cut should I aim for zero ear ringing?  Mine seems to increase after a dose of medication.  Sometimes I notice my ears are NOT ringing and it surprises me.  Any knowledge about the how and why of ear ringing greatly appreciated. 

Tinnitus is a very common withdrawal symptom. I sometimes get it but it's very mild and goes away quickly so I barely notice it. For a while I got pulsatile tinnitus but it was only a week or so and then completely gone. When tapering we don't aim for zero occurrence of a symptom. We just need symptoms to be manageable.

It is possible that the benzo is actually causing this symptom. I started getting anxiety and insomnia while on K which I didn't have prior to taking it. So the clonazepam was causing it. As I tapered these got worse. I do know for me, it helps not to ruminate or obsess over my symptoms. If I pay a lot of attention to one particular one it seems to intensify.

There's really no telling unfortunately how long it will last or when it will go away. As I got lower in my dose some symptoms have gotten better while others seem to be slightly worse but still manageable.

Hi Jelly,

thanks for replying.  Since I didn't take this every day, and now I am and have ear ringing I am starting to think it is causing it!  I just don't know.  I'm going to proceed ahead with the 16% cut in a few days time.  Maybe I got it wrong (too high) on what my stable dose is in the first place.  Appetite, sleeping (too much) are all okay.  I have always been "scatter brained" sometimes takes three trips to the car to forgetting stuff, that kind of thing. 

Working really hard to accept this is life for now.

Thanks agian.

• Popular Now