Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

6 Years Benzo Free

[Tu...]

I stopped taking Klonopin 6 years ago today!

Its been a long road and hard to believe I've come this far.  Although not 100% symptom free, my worst days now are way better than my best days were in those first 2 years.  So grateful for this group and all the sharing.

Thank you.

Thank you for sharing this milestone with us Turtle63, I'm hopeful we'll see a success story from you soon, this update is promising.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much Pamster.  I did post my success story several years ago.. the link is after my signature.  I also post to my progress log every few months with general thoughts and updates.  This site is a wonderful safe place for sharing and resources.

This is a great update Turtle63, thanks for sharing, It will help others struggling at the moment.  Withdrawal certainly is a long road, but worth it.  I am sure it won't be long before your 100%.  It reminds me of myself,  i can remember feeling like you, not 100% but so much better and quite prepared to accept it...but it got even better.

All the very best to you Turtle, I will be looking out for your success story update in the near future.

Magrita :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding. I rarely log on these days. I am slightly over 42 months and like you, it was a hard long road most days. I too feel soooo much better. I look back at the 18 years I was on that poison (clonazepam) and realize the years of life I lost.

Like you I am thankful. Our best days are ahead of us now.

Again...congrats and thanks for sharing hope to those still in the battle.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy you have improved so much. That is awesome.

Been a year for me I still feel pretty horrendous.  Its weird though I feel.like stuff us better but I can't figure out what if that makes sense. Thank you!!