Benzo belly

[Yo...]

There’s no way you guys are arguing on a benzo withdrawal website

I'm sorry about this Yoloking123, this is your thread and this is a distraction.  I truly hope this is the end because I'd rather not have to lock the thread.

There’s no way you guys are arguing on a benzo withdrawal website

Who's arguing? I'm asking for proof involving accusations I have a right to stand up for myself when falsely accused. But you're right, this is your thread and your opportunity for answers, connection and support so I'll exist stage right. My replies should reflect that I strictly came here to provide information while providing medical and modern literature which support all of my claims involving benzo belly.

I truly believe that yes Benzos plays a big role on why you're feeling the way you are, more importantly I believe  that diet will be your biggest salvation for most of your stomach issues, unfortunately I just don't believe you'd find this salvation in today's nutrition science which newer discoveries everyday are coming forward show casing that modern nutrition science has it wrong, lied and even hid important studies/research.. Look at red meat for example, they demonized red meat for over 40 years and lied about it causing heart disease, Red meat consumption has gone down in total 67%...yet heart disease is still the number one killer... How does that make sense? You really have to question everything and I mean everything, don't even take my word for the information presented please research and make your own conclusions through peer reviewed literature. Diet is so important to our over all health.

Hope you feel better

I’m going see a gastroenterologist tomorrow and I hope they can do something to help me because god am I suffering badly. The anal fissures, the tenesmus, the insane amount of abdominal pain. It’s awful! How could a small little pill ever do something this dangerous to the body??

If you would of said that this little pill, something coined as being safe by the medial community could do this amount of injury three years ago I would of laughed, there's no reason for something to exist that's able to produce this much suffering. Anything that can take out your GABA, Glutamate, Limbic system and the Nervous system needs to either be held at a very tight regulation only used in emergencies or taken off the shelves, hell at least put some money into researching it better... We simply don't those kinds of efforts and sadly I can't see within the next 7 years much more research being put into this so we won't know exactly how deep this suffering can go. We had one hope... Jordan Peterson, he's in the spot light, he's popular and could of shined some light on this situation. Now I know that this degree of suffering can change you and make you not wanna relive this horror show by talking about it... But Damnit (excuse my language) he really dropped the ball. I hope he decides to talk about this more in the future to bring awareness to this, that's the only way this drug will get any backing behind it sadly. It should actually be criminal not to have research on these, the first benzo came out in 1969 by Leo H sternbech (The guy who developed this drug) was developing benzos first in 1953,he then discussed the benefits with the FDA in 1955, begged for there to be a guideline of no more then 2-4 week usage in 1957,then the first one came out in 1960...theres no excuse for there not to be research. We end up the test subjects.

I hope you can find some dang

answers tomorrow. Hopefully they can offer you something of value.

Getting an upper GI endoscopy on 11/14/22

I was literally coming on here to ask for a update, seeing how you were doing.

Have you ever had a Endoscopy before? If not don't worry about it, I had seven in my days and 5 colonoscopies. I promise you... Your subconscious and the fears it'll try putting in your mind, it's NOOOO WHEREEEE close to the reality of the procedure. You tell your subconscious to shut up, it's trying to make sense of the situation based off any and all information available to you which if you've never had a Endoscopy before, won't be much information. The brain doesn't like feeling out of control so it will try making sense of the situation in any possible way even if it comes at the expense of your mental well being. It will literally take puzzle pieces that don't match up and jam it in if the situation makes more sense to it.

These procedures happen EVERYDAY, your in good hands and your be in the place.

Here's exactly what will happen.

1) You're arrive at the appoint an hour early to register

2) You're wait an extra hour past your appointment because the gastro doc loves to take his time lol it's actually a big joke in Gastrointestinal professions

3) While you wait the nurses will ask you to change into a gown, the experience will be a little scary and you're be confused on how its suppose to go if you've never been in one before but once you figure out... That feel goes away. They will place a IV into your hand for fluids and sedativing medications.

Don't worry I'll break this down because by now I'm sure the sedating aspect scares you, no one wants to experience a set back from these meds.

The medications involved are:

- Some type of pain killer like Meperidime or fentanyl... Fentanyl is often used.

( Side note: Do not panic about the opiates, you hear fentanyl and your mind most likely goes to the dozens of OD's... These are completely different, these OD's aren't the same. Your in a hyper controlled environment where everything is controlled. They don't give even a fraction more then your body can handle based on height and weight. The reason they use such a strong opiate is because opiates raise your pain tolerance, they don't actually stop pain they up what you can handle. Fentanyl being one of the strongest ensures that the doctor doesn't have to stop and adjust for your comfort... Not that endoscopies are painful because they're not. But for your comfort they will use a opiate to keep you in a happier relaxed state)

2 Benzodiazepines: This is something you should talk with your doctor about. I would remove this, just tell him/her that your allergic to them or have bad paradoxical effects from them. Realistically you don't even need a benzo they are simply there to help you relax but the opiate will do that for you.

3) Propofol: (This is used for sedation if your getting sedation) This is something people freak out about, don't do that to yourself. They compare it to the effects of benzodiazepines  but they aren't, I've never experienced or spoke to anyone who under went a procedure who's had a bad reaction to it.

4) I don't know the name of this drug but what they do is they use a spray which freezes the throat mildly so you don't feel the tube.

Oh and you will most likely be given a prep medication like a PPI (Protein pump Inhibitors) to help your Stomach acid settle.

The scariest part for first comers is the days leading up to the procedure. This is why telling your subconscious to shut it the hell up is so damn important. DO NOT allow your subconscious to scare you. I promise the experience isn't whatever you mind can create.

The whole procedotakes like 10-30 minutes, the recovery is quick and when you leave I promise you're be saying "that wasn't as bad as I thought, why was I so damn scared?". We all do

If you have any further questions or hell you just need someone to talk to leading up to the procedure who's been through this, PM me. I just had on back in March because I was having Benzo Belly like you. It's gone now.

Its unbelievable how much this dang pill can effect and make you think that you have this and that.

• 1 month later...
i cant believe this benzo belly is still persisting after being off the drug for over 15 months i even feel pain in my back because the bloat is so severe and my brain feels messed up, the dpdr is so freaking intense man

• 4 weeks later...
So I had the upper gi/endoscopy and they found nothing wrong. All I can say is screw benzo belly and screw an anal fissure. I kind of wanna have surgery on the fissure again to see if it might heal and go away but at the same time I feel like it won’t go away because the belly persists. When the belly goes away I’ll for sure have the anal fissure surgery again I just don’t know anymore. The anal fissure high key more annoying than the belly but the belly is the entire reason for my pain.

• 1 month later...
I should have used this thread, ignore the other one Has anybody here had horrible benzo belly for a long time? I think I’ve had it for 9 months and it’s horrible. I’m sick and tired of this symptom and am very scared this is gonna take a really really long time cuz it’s definitely hard to function with my stomach messed up like this

• Popular Now