Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Some insomnia 5 months out

[Do...]

I have been waking up in the middle of night.  I am somtimes up for two hours.  I do the net until I fall asleep.  Sometimes I wake up at 4 or 5.  I just want to sleep through the night and not wake up to early.  I take too much melatonin and one over the counter sleep aid a night.  I had to quit juice as I have had bad indigestion since I abused the pills for 2 years.  My skin never went back to normal after abusing benzos, but it is better. 

For those of us who consistently used/abused benzos for sleep, it can take a year for healthy sleep to return.  I sleep well now but I still wake up 2-3 times a night and get the occasional night of insomnia.  Sleeping all the way through the night isn't in the cards for me any longer.

Kate 8

Thanks I keep waking up it is 130 and awake.  Sometimes I wake up to brush my teeth.  I am stahing at my brother's, but want to go home.  His girlfriend is hard to get o v with.  She's the one that wanted to guard my pills last December before I quit.

Dom81, waking up during the night (usually more than once) isn't uncommon while we are adjusting to sleeping without meds.  You've been doing amazingly well, though, even if you don't always recognize it.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Kate 8.  I managed to fall asleep around  2am, but am exhausted this morning from lack of sleep.

The coffee maker blew up do have had to go to Starbucks and pay 20 a day for coffee.  I am supposed to start a new job on the 14th.  He said he would start me out in the bakery and then cashier.  I don't know if I can work with my back problem

I am hoping I don't start at 7am as that is too early with my insomnia.