Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sleep roulette, every night is different.

[Tr...]

Here I am on day 15 of no klonopin, with what can only be described as hell on earth with windows of sanity here and there. The consistency of sleep is so wild. Most of it does not feel restful but there is no predictability whatsoever night to night. The nights I assume insomnia will rule me I sleep, and the nights I’m ready to sleep are just a tossing and turning contest. Coupled with joint pain I really hope they reserve a special place in the dark afterlife for whoever designed these medications. Lord only knows how long I’ll have this obnoxiously unpredictable sleep pattern. I miss the deep sleep of my teenage years. When it felt like being shot with elephant tranquilizer every night. Good times.

Oh boy, I am so sorry you are struggling with benzo withdrawl insomnia - it stinks.  For me, insomnia soon developed a pattern of bad sleep one night and then decent sleep the next so at least I know what to expect.  At two years off benzos, I sleep very well now so this does resolve for most of us.

I've put a link below with some suggestions for how to get through this phase of withdrawl:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

I miss the deep sleep of my teenage years. When it felt like being shot with elephant tranquilizer every night. Good times.

You said it perfectly!  :)