Miss Piggy needs advice

[Mi...]

Thank you Pamster.

So because I feel sedated it's a good time to start to reduce?

Will this lift as I reduce?

Thanks again. Apologies for all the questions

MP x

The fact you're feeling sedated tells me you've most likely reached full Valium saturation so you can start whenever you feel comfortable doing so but the key word is here is comfortable.  If you have doubts about starting then you can certainly wait awhile longer, this is about your comfort and confidence in this method.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ka...]

• [Li...]

Thank you. I have done so but it does not seem that active.Fingers crossed I hear back.

I'd ask the members on the Valium Support Group thread since I don't have experience with Valium or tapering for that matter.  :D

Pamster

Since Tuesday I appear to have entered a huge wave. Di you think that is caused by crossing over? I am now starting to get distressed about everything x

Thank you. I have done so but it does not seem that active.Fingers crossed I hear back.

I'd ask the members on the Valium Support Group thread since I don't have experience with Valium or tapering for that matter.  :D

Fully crossed over since tues 7th june (11days). Started feeling anxious with many symptoms - lack of appetite, upset stomach, extremely down, little to no sleep, no concentration since Tuesday 14th June.

I am very drug sensitive so have I made an error in trying to combine the two drugs together.

It feels like a withdrawal or wave.

I feel so horrific.

What's going on Pamster?

What are your symptoms and how long have you been fully crossed over?

Edit: Content

You felt sedated on the 14th and today you're feeling anxious, this information has me believing that your body is feeling the cessation of the Temazepam while the Valium hasn't fully built up yet.  On the 14th, you must have still had Temazepam in your system and now its gone.  I feel holding awhile longer would be beneficial, I know its scary and painful but I believe you'll begin to feel better but it's important to try to control your fear, this can make your symptoms more intense.

Thank you. I thought the temezepam would have been out quicker than now?

Also will the diazepam still build up even though I already had 11mg in my body?

Just wondering if I have cocked everything up by putting them together?

Xx

You felt sedated on the 14th and today you're feeling anxious, this information has me believing that your body is feeling the cessation of the Temazepam while the Valium hasn't fully built up yet.  On the 14th, you must have still had Temazepam in your system and now its gone.  I feel holding awhile longer would be beneficial, I know its scary and painful but I believe you'll begin to feel better but it's important to try to control your fear, this can make your symptoms more intense.

I agree with Pamster’s suggestion that holding at your current dose for a while longer would be beneficial. I also share her sense that your anxiety over this change may be contributing to your current distress. Are you using any coping techniques to calm yourself down (e.g. belly breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, mindfulness, self-soothing)?

Re: your question about how long temazepam stays in your body …

This depends on a number of different factors.  See the article linked below for details. (The factors identified in the article also affect how long it takes for diazepam to build up in your body.)

fyi … Temazepam is a metabolite of diazepam so you actually still have temazepam in your system … just not as much.

Link:

How Long Does Restoril (Temazepam) Stay in Your System?

https://www.verywellmind.com/how-long-does-restoril-stay-in-your-system-80321

Thank you Pamster for pointing out the anxiety factor.  It was only through the eyes of a recovered benzo user that I could see how the anxiety during my taper and afterward about not sleeping well only made things so much worse.

I've mentioned this numerous times here but staying busy helped me so much during withdrawl.  My mind didn't race when I was distracted.  So, even if you don't feel like it, finding some ways to occupy your mind and your time should be helpful Miss Piggy.

Thank you Kate08. I am so distressed with the way I feel I cannot concentrate or distract myself.

I am upset to think I may have may made a wrong decision and am battering myself about it.

Thank you Pamster for pointing out the anxiety factor.  It was only through the eyes of a recovered benzo user that I could see how the anxiety during my taper and afterward about not sleeping well only made things so much worse.

I've mentioned this numerous times here but staying busy helped me so much during withdrawl.  My mind didn't race when I was distracted.  So, even if you don't feel like it, finding some ways to occupy your mind and your time should be helpful Miss Piggy.

Thank you libertas. I read this article earlier but did not understand it properly. I was under the impression that the diazepam (with the longer half life would over ride the shorter half life)

When I swapped from lorazepam to diazepam over 28 days (one change every week) by the end of the swap I was in a very good place.

I am struggling to rein myself in here. I think i might have made another error trying to put them together and am beating myself up very badly. I cannot stop stop talking about it and feel very distressed. I have tried some things to calm down (and to sleep) and nothing is working.

What if I have messed up my taper again???

I feel so lonely and distressed. No bravery left.

I agree with Pamster’s suggestion that holding at your current dose for a while longer would be beneficial. I also share her sense that your anxiety over this change may be contributing to your current distress. Are you using any coping techniques to calm yourself down (e.g. belly breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, mindfulness, self-soothing)?

Re: your question about how long temazepam stays in your body …

This depends on a number of different factors.  See the article linked below for details. (The factors identified in the article also affect how long it takes for diazepam to build up in your body.)

fyi … Temazepam is a metabolite of diazepam so you actually still have temazepam in your system … just not as much.

Link:

How Long Does Restoril (Temazepam) Stay in Your System?

https://www.verywellmind.com/how-long-does-restoril-stay-in-your-system-80321

Ah I feel for you Miss Piggy. It’s a horrible place to be when you feel so exhausted. You feel lonely but you are not alone, we’re all fighting for you. You are stronger than you think and you will survive this and feel well again.

I used to get awful black periods of depression that would last for weeks but since I have come off Lorazepam these are so much better and I’m hoping they will go away completely. The same may happen for you.

Can you stop fighting and just be? Just exist, breathing in and out to get through the day? I hope you feel better very soon, especially in mood. Here for you. Hardy

Bump - libertas pamster kate08 - please

Do you think my body is not recognising the 5mg valium I swapped for 10mg tem to go back up to 16mg valium as I had already decreased from 20mg previously.

Eg. I have put myself in a position of tolerance? I cannot believe how awful I am feeling with a variety of psychological symptoms (some severe).

What shall I do? Thank you MP

Hi Miss piggy, benzo tolerance, withdrawal and recovery are horrific, but Hardy66 has given you the best advice and I can only echo it.  Its time to stop fighting what you're feeling, its time to stop beating yourself up over decisions you've made, nothing you've done is wrong or a mistake, you've done your best and now its time to try to accept where you are and look to the road ahead.

You did the right thing by crossing over to Diazepam, accepting this and looking towards ridding yourself is the next step.  Worrying, stressing and blaming yourself serves no purpose, beginning your taper with an eye to your future would serve you well.

I know my words can't comfort you, that can only come from acceptance within so I'm asking you to dig deep inside and summon all of your strength to find peace that you've done the right thing because I truly believe you have.  No more doubt, no more second guessing yourself, you're only making it more difficult for you. 

My continued suggestion is to hold your current dose but most importantly I hope you'll take this time to come to terms with your situation.  You have a job to do and its to taper from these horrible drugs so you can reclaim your life and the only way out is through.  Your focus has to be on this, your freedom.  I know you can do this, I have faith in you even if you're doubting you can.

Thank you Pamster.

I am just surprised by how bad I feel. I have always been a bit of a worrier but this is major.

How long will I hold my dose for? X

Hi Miss piggy, benzo tolerance, withdrawal and recovery are horrific, but Hardy66 has given you the best advice and I can only echo it.  Its time to stop fighting what you're feeling, its time to stop beating yourself up over decisions you've made, nothing you've done is wrong or a mistake, you've done your best and now its time to try to accept where you are and look to the road ahead.

You did the right thing by crossing over to Diazepam, accepting this and looking towards ridding yourself is the next step.  Worrying, stressing and blaming yourself serves no purpose, beginning your taper with an eye to your future would serve you well.

I know my words can't comfort you, that can only come from acceptance within so I'm asking you to dig deep inside and summon all of your strength to find peace that you've done the right thing because I truly believe you have.  No more doubt, no more second guessing yourself, you're only making it more difficult for you. 

My continued suggestion is to hold your current dose but most importantly I hope you'll take this time to come to terms with your situation.  You have a job to do and its to taper from these horrible drugs so you can reclaim your life and the only way out is through.  Your focus has to be on this, your freedom.  I know you can do this, I have faith in you even if you're doubting you can.

I believe 3 weeks from fully crossing over should be enough time for your body to fully realize the Diazepam but this is just a number, you can start tapering anytime you feel ready.  You can hold longer or start tapering sooner if you decide you've had enough and want to get this show on the road.  I wish we could tell you in exact terms what to do but we're all so different its impossible to apply one set of rules for everyone.

Just had an awful conversation with the lead mental health nurse who pretty much said that this was all psychological and that it was me that was the problem. He would not discuss the possibility of even withdrawal tolerance. I feel so demoralised Pamster.

Thank you Pamster. Do you mean 3 weeks after we have crossed over or include that week? X

I believe 3 weeks from fully crossing over should be enough time for your body to fully realize the Diazepam but this is just a number, you can start tapering anytime you feel ready.  You can hold longer or start tapering sooner if you decide you've had enough and want to get this show on the road.  I wish we could tell you in exact terms what to do but we're all so different its impossible to apply one set of rules for everyone.

Re: how long you should hold your dose …

If you are not already doing so, I strongly encourage you rate your symptoms on a daily basis.  You could use a scale of 0 (no symptoms) to 10 (intolerable symptoms). What you are looking for is a pattern where your symptoms begin to stabilize (stabilize means ‘stop changing’ not go away entirely).

I agree with Pamster that while you are holding, you would benefit from turning your focus to the future.  In hope of helping you do so, I’ve included links below to coping techniques you might be interested in learning about/trying.

Links:

Part 1: Intro to Diaphragmatic Breathing

Part 2: Diaphragmatic Breathing While Lying Down

Part 3: Diaphragmatic Breathing While Seated

Progressive Muscle Relaxation Training

Coping Techniques A to Z | The Withdrawal Project

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/page/coping-techniques-z

Thank you Libertas.

Do you think I could be in tolerance withdrawal? Even when not tapering I was dropping down to a low point.

Re: how long you should hold your dose …

If you are not already doing so, I strongly encourage you rate your symptoms on a daily basis.  You could use a scale of 0 (no symptoms) to 10 (intolerable symptoms). What you are looking for is a pattern where your symptoms begin to stabilize (stabilize means ‘stop changing’ not go away entirely).

I agree with Pamster that while you are holding, you would benefit from turning your focus to the future.  In hope of helping you do so, I’ve included links below to coping techniques you might be interested in learning about/trying.

Links:

Part 1: Intro to Diaphragmatic Breathing

Part 2: Diaphragmatic Breathing While Lying Down

Part 3: Diaphragmatic Breathing While Seated

Progressive Muscle Relaxation Training

Coping Techniques A to Z | The Withdrawal Project

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/page/coping-techniques-z

Miss piggy, I feel like you're concentrating too much on labeling what you're feeling, the fact is you're suffering and whether its tolerance or you're still dealing with the effects of the crossover, it doesn't really matter, it is what it is. 

You have choices, you can go up in dose, you can hold or you can begin your taper, I admit they're all lousy choices but you're here and you're the only one who can get you out of this.  This process reminds me of childbirth, when I went to the hospital and heard a woman screaming in another room I was ready to walk out, I said I'm not going to do this but it doesn't work like that does it?  There are some things in life we can't get out of and this is one of them.

You have power here, you can make up your mind to be free from this drug and this situation but you're the only one who can do this.  What that mental health nurse said to you comes from ignorance, trying to convince him or anyone what you're feeling will only make you feel worse, we understand and you know what you feel and this has to be enough.  Don't waste your precious resources on convincing anyone about what you're going through, I'll save you the trouble, you can't, only those who have walked in these shoes can truly know how horrific it is.

To answer your question, you were fully crossed over on the 7th of June, three weeks from that date will be the 28th, this is as good a time as any to start your taper.  As I mentioned previously, you can also start sooner, wait until a later date or go up in dose to try to get more stable.

Thank you Pamster. He has made me feel so shit and said it was "my depression"  He also said I had not cooperated with them properly which is true in some cases as I did not believe what they said to do would work for me.

In the UK yiu are reliant on then for your meds though so that is not good.

Any idea if progesterone will be playing it's part in here as well?

I am so sorry but for the first time ever I feel quite abandoned.

Miss piggy, I feel like you're concentrating too much on labeling what you're feeling, the fact is you're suffering and whether its tolerance or you're still dealing with the effects of the crossover, it doesn't really matter, it is what it is. 

You have choices, you can go up in dose, you can hold or you can begin your taper, I admit they're all lousy choices but you're here and you're the only one who can get you out of this.  This process reminds me of childbirth, when I went to the hospital and heard a woman screaming in another room I was ready to walk out, I said I'm not going to do this but it doesn't work like that does it?  There are some things in life we can't get out of and this is one of them.

You have power here, you can make up your mind to be free from this drug and this situation but you're the only one who can do this.  What that mental health nurse said to you comes from ignorance, trying to convince him or anyone what you're feeling will only make you feel worse, we understand and you know what you feel and this has to be enough.  Don't waste your precious resources on convincing anyone about what you're going through, I'll save you the trouble, you can't, only those who have walked in these shoes can truly know how horrific it is.

To answer your question, you were fully crossed over on the 7th of June, three weeks from that date will be the 28th, this is as good a time as any to start your taper.  As I mentioned previously, you can also start sooner, wait until a later date or go up in dose to try to get more stable.

Just had an awful conversation with the lead mental health nurse who pretty much said that this was all psychological and that it was me that was the problem. He would not discuss the possibility of even withdrawal tolerance. I feel so demoralised Pamster.

If I had had that conversation with the lead nurse I would have been incandescent with rage! There is so much evidence out there. I’m so sorry Miss Piggy. Please know that you have our support whatever anyone else says or thinks.

Hardy x

I wonder if they can stop giving you the meds?

I feel utterly sad and hopeless

If I had had that conversation with the lead nurse I would have been incandescent with rage! There is so much evidence out there. I’m so sorry Miss Piggy. Please know that you have our support whatever anyone else says or thinks.

Hardy x