Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

please no sleep at all what to do

[mi...]

Hi, this is mishi. I am tapering Klonopin right now... and cannot fall asleep at all for weeks... What should I do.. I am desperate. Is this because of the tapering off Klonopin...When i got off the serquel last Sept i could not sleep also... Is this still from the serequel or the Klonopin.... Please give me some help.... I am so sick the withdrawals are worse because of no sleep and no i am getting infections... chest colds and colds... Thank you so  much for your help and support... I hope to hear from you soon.. Be Well. Mishi

Started taking K in Dec 2010 I slept somewhat in the beginning and now at a lower dose nothing...

What works for me is L-tryptophan.  I take it far away from food.  This was also given to me by a homeopathic dr. years ago but it didn't work then. She never told me to take it away from food.  For me I have digestive issues so even 4 hours after dinner is too soon. So I try and fall asleep on my own first and give it until 1am to 2am and then take the tryptophan. I take between 500 to 1000mg.  tryptophan produces seratonin and then that creates the melatonin.  What really really has helped me to sleep better too is have a high protein breakfast within 1 hour of waking up. I drink a protein drink with 20g's of protein plus sometimes I add a raw egg to it.  I then will have 1 to 2 more eggs later in the morning as well as some multi grain with cream cheese.  For me I'm also hyperglycemic due to the benzo use and so I have to make sure to eat a little protein before bed so my blood sugar stays stable during the night. This has probably helped me by 75% with sleep alone. Not eating any sugar during the day except some berries here and there with protein.  You may want to see if that's partly your sleep issue as well. But basically it's normal to have insomnia while tapering. That should subside once your taper is leveled out.  This is my experience. But even while on Klonopin I wasn't sleeping so I was taking Kavinace or Relax-all, those two products have phenibut in them and phenibut although it is an amino acid derivative it acts similar to a benzo. If you google phenibut you find a ton of info. But don't by straight phenibut, buy one of those two safe products. I should also mention not to take the tryptophan at or around your klonopin dose.. make sure there is at least 2 hours in between. I found if I took it near my dose i got heart palpatations that lasted about an hour. Nothing to worry about though.

I just successfully (so far) have jumped off of klonopin at aprox. .06mg and it's day 6 and symptom free.  I owe this to my vitamin supplements and amino acids that I got from a company online who helps people with this very situation. They give you free phone support while you detox as well. They have a website [nobbc]www.truehope.com[/nobbc] and you can research them and see if they are right for you.  I owe them everything because I would be going through the same as you if I weren't taking the multi vitamin supplements and amino acids in mega doses. I tried by myself the past two years to get off of K by slowly tapering in the exact same way as I just did and had the same experience as you are having right now so I always went right back on it.  This is my exact reason for joining this forum to tell anyone who will listen that there is help out there. The right help.  Telling someone that it's going to be okay and you get through this isn't enough for me and I'm sure it isn't enough for you either.  I know there are people on the forum who have had bad luck with supplements but I believe it's because they took the wrong kind of supplements. Over the years I started to believe that the way to perfect health is through nutrition and exercise. The only way to get proper nutrition these days is through supplements because not only do people not eat right but if they did the nutrition in the food is almost nil and not to mention when you take benzos for a period of time it kills your gastrointestinal's ability to actually absorb a lot of the nutrition. I cannot express to you the importance of proper nutrition.. you have to research this yourself to really understand it. Please google not only the website I gave you but do your own research about benzo use and nutritional deficiency. This is what started me on my way back. One very important supplement for benzo users is Biotin it is almost completely depleted from the body after a certain time on Benzos. again, my experience and it's well documented online.  

Anyway, like I said I take mega doses of Multi vitamins in cheleated form as well as amino acids throughout the day, fish oil and lots of vitamin C and so far my 6th day completely off klonipin and I'm symptom free.  I know for a fact I wouldn't be symptom free without these supps because of my experience with withdrawal in the past. Not to mention I'm highly sensitive to withdrawal to begin with.

Good luck with what you decide to do for yourself.  

Edit:  I've deactivated the commercial link.

I just successfully (so far) have jumped off of klonopin at aprox. .06mg and it's day 6 and symptom free.  I owe this to my vitamin supplements and amino acids that I got from a company online who helps people with this very situation. They give you free phone support while you detox as well. They have a website [nobbc]www.truehope.com[/nobbc] and you can research them and see if they are right for you.  I owe them everything because I would be going through the same as you if I weren't taking the multi vitamin supplements and amino acids in mega doses. I tried by myself the past two years to get off of K by slowly tapering in the exact same way as I just did and had the same experience as you are having right now so I always went right back on it.  This is my exact reason for joining this forum to tell anyone who will listen that there is help out there. The right help.  Telling someone that it's going to be okay and you get through this isn't enough for me and I'm sure it isn't enough for you either.  I know there are people on the forum who have had bad luck with supplements but I believe it's because they took the wrong kind of supplements. Over the years I started to believe that the way to perfect health is through nutrition and exercise. The only way to get proper nutrition these days is through supplements because not only do people not eat right but if they did the nutrition in the food is almost nil and not to mention when you take benzos for a period of time it kills your gastrointestinal's ability to actually absorb a lot of the nutrition. I cannot express to you the importance of proper nutrition.. you have to research this yourself to really understand it. Please google not only the website I gave you but do your own research about benzo use and nutritional deficiency. This is what started me on my way back. One very important supplement for benzo users is Biotin it is almost completely depleted from the body after a certain time on Benzos. again, my experience and it's well documented online.  

Anyway, like I said I take mega doses of Multi vitamins in cheleated form as well as amino acids throughout the day, fish oil and lots of vitamin C and so far my 6th day completely off klonipin and I'm symptom free.  I know for a fact I wouldn't be symptom free without these supps because of my experience with withdrawal in the past. Not to mention I'm highly sensitive to withdrawal to begin with.

BellaHAR,

I believe you were contacted via Personal Message by a Senior team member that your style of posting is too prescriptive, please keep in mind the policies of this forum, here is the link again in case you missed this message. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=25837.0

I'd also like to point you to a rule in our Forum User Manual which states: Do not use this community to promote or proselytize a specific religious and/or political viewpoint.  Your comments appear to be more about promoting an agenda, rather than offers to help.  Please keep your comments conversational rather than promotional.

Pamster

What works for me is L-tryptophan.  I take it far away from food.  This was also given to me by a homeopathic dr. years ago but it didn't work then. She never told me to take it away from food.  For me I have digestive issues so even 4 hours after dinner is too soon. So I try and fall asleep on my own first and give it until 1am to 2am and then take the tryptophan. I take between 500 to 1000mg.  tryptophan produces seratonin and then that creates the melatonin.  What really really has helped me to sleep better too is have a high protein breakfast within 1 hour of waking up. I drink a protein drink with 20g's of protein plus sometimes I add a raw egg to it.  I then will have 1 to 2 more eggs later in the morning as well as some multi grain with cream cheese.  For me I'm also hyperglycemic due to the benzo use and so I have to make sure to eat a little protein before bed so my blood sugar stays stable during the night. This has probably helped me by 75% with sleep alone. Not eating any sugar during the day except some berries here and there with protein.  You may want to see if that's partly your sleep issue as well. But basically it's normal to have insomnia while tapering. That should subside once your taper is leveled out.  This is my experience. But even while on Klonopin I wasn't sleeping so I was taking Kavinace or Relax-all, those two products have phenibut in them and phenibut although it is an amino acid derivative it acts similar to a benzo. If you google phenibut you find a ton of info. But don't by straight phenibut, buy one of those two safe products. I should also mention not to take the tryptophan at or around your klonopin dose.. make sure there is at least 2 hours in between. I found if I took it near my dose i got heart palpatations that lasted about an hour. Nothing to worry about though.

Thank you bellahar for the information... i will try to google the site... I hope you are well and happy. so far i only take vitamin c and omega  that is all i can tolerate... Maybe i should try it... Good luck with your new life...  You have been helpful.. I have to try something...  i really need the help right now... Cannot function on the K at all... You are very lucky I am proud of you.. Mishi

What works for me is L-tryptophan.  I take it far away from food.  This was also given to me by a homeopathic dr. years ago but it didn't work then. She never told me to take it away from food.  For me I have digestive issues so even 4 hours after dinner is too soon. So I try and fall asleep on my own first and give it until 1am to 2am and then take the tryptophan. I take between 500 to 1000mg.  tryptophan produces seratonin and then that creates the melatonin.  What really really has helped me to sleep better too is have a high protein breakfast within 1 hour of waking up. I drink a protein drink with 20g's of protein plus sometimes I add a raw egg to it.  I then will have 1 to 2 more eggs later in the morning as well as some multi grain with cream cheese.  For me I'm also hyperglycemic due to the benzo use and so I have to make sure to eat a little protein before bed so my blood sugar stays stable during the night. This has probably helped me by 75% with sleep alone. Not eating any sugar during the day except some berries here and there with protein.  You may want to see if that's partly your sleep issue as well. But basically it's normal to have insomnia while tapering. That should subside once your taper is leveled out.  This is my experience. But even while on Klonopin I wasn't sleeping so I was taking Kavinace or Relax-all, those two products have phenibut in them and phenibut although it is an amino acid derivative it acts similar to a benzo. If you google phenibut you find a ton of info. But don't by straight phenibut, buy one of those two safe products. I should also mention not to take the tryptophan at or around your klonopin dose.. make sure there is at least 2 hours in between. I found if I took it near my dose i got heart palpatations that lasted about an hour. Nothing to worry about though.

Thank you bellahar for the information... i will try to google the site... I hope you are well and happy. so far i only take vitamin c and omega  that is all i can tolerate... Maybe i should try it... Good luck with your new life...  You have been helpful.. I have to try something...  i really need the help right now... Cannot function on the K at all... You are very lucky I am proud of you.. Mishi

You should never have raw eggs, the potential for getting Salmonella is very real, and if one has a compromised immune system, can be quite serious!

I've used True Hope's EMPowerPlus, as well as their Total Amino Solution.... and didn't notice much of anything. I think I've gone through 3 big containers of EMPowerPlus and 1 of the aminos. It's worth looking into again though now that I'm in withdrawal.