Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling terrible about alcohol use and going downhill..

[ra...]

I've been drinking and ruining my life for a good 4 years and i m tired of it and I want to try naltrexone. I drank in my 20s and it was all fun than and good I was on an anti depressant that was working to. Past 4 years the hangovers now turned into withdrawal. I get terrible anxiety the day after drinking I freak out, I get depressed and the dpdr is much worse and its terrifying.... I tried to literally commit myself here in Calgary Alberta and the doctors didn't admit me..... All the detox beds are full I want the help but I'm not getting anywhere....I tried a bunch of SSRIs to deal with the deep depression I get when I'm sober but there not working.... Bit drinking alcohol is a disaster for me I start going downtown in risky neighborhoods and acting aloof and god its just not working.... Anyone? Anything? Losing hope

You should try a and stay with family.  I stayed with family and they helped me quit the pills and alcohol as 9 was drinking all day and all night for a month and a half when I quit benzos.  Still have anxiety, but it is better than when I was on the pills.

Asking for help is the first step in healing from alcoholism.  There is a huge network of AA and 12 step groups in Calgary.  Go to a meeting every day and find some friends that will support you to learn to live without alcohol.  Find a good counselor....  Let the healing begin...  :smitten: