RE: Clonazepam Taper - on 8 days

[an...]

Hi Pamster, thanks! 

No I just started getting them and I have it a bit today as well, very scary.  Do you think it might have to do with my updosing?  I don't know why I ever thought this drug would help me.  All I need now is chronic pain along with bad Tinnitus!  I hope your right, but if this persists should I stay at this dose for long? I suffer from bad anxiety and sleep deprivation as well.... :angel::smitten:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [an...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ka...]

Hi angelcat, since this board is mainly for discussing taper plans, I feel you would benefit from starting a thread on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board, this is where members congregate the most to discuss their symptoms and fears.  Not many members look at the taper boards unless they have questions about their tapers so I'm sure you'll get more member feedback if you post there.  :)

Hi thanks Pamster, I will do that. thanks so much for all your help! :smitten:

I did want to ask some more tapering advice if you have time.  I have tapered from .125 mg down to 0.0625mg (used blue pills and cut them into 4, pill cutter).  My tinnitus is really severe today and I am having some burning muscle symptoms.  The pills are very hard to cut and I am down to 0.0625 mg. At this point is there anyway to slow tapering down? I was more stable at .125mg and am really struggling at this point. Should I maybe switch to compounding pharmacy or liquid.  Would appreciate any suggestions?  Thanks so much...

:angel::smitten:

Thanks Pamster, for all your wonderful help!

I felt stable in that muscle pain was gone and Tinnitus was o.k but I still had allot of anxiety.  But in comparison, today is way worse esp for the Tinnitus.

:angel::smitten:

It sounds like you were stable when you made the cut, good job.  My suggestion would be to continue with the .0625, holding this dose until your symptoms level off again then we'll talk about the next step.

Thanks Pamster,

What about the dosage cuts? I have been using a pill cutter and cutting the blue pills into quarters.  Maybe I should be using a liquid or compounding pharmacy? If the cuts are not equal could that cause instability?  Thanks so much.... :angel::smitten:

Many members have been able to dry cut their way to benzo freedom, I don't see any reason why you can't as well.  Introducing a new form of the drug can be a little challenging, there is an adjustment period which can prolong your time on the Clonazepam.  Your short time on the drug is in your favor, I'd keep going if it were me.

Hi Pamster, thanks so much.

I could really use your advice at the moment.  My Tinnitus changed again last night to catastrophic levels, much louder than before. Does this sound like kindling due to my updose?  I don't know what do to do, terrified if I come off the Tinnitus will be unbearable.  At this point do have any choices? Going back up at higher dose and tapering slow, crossing over to Valium? I know your really busy but if you could share more advice, would really appreciate it so much... :angel::smitten:

I'm sorry to hear about your tinnitus but this is to be expected as you taper and recover from your use of the Clonazepam.  It's my belief that going back up in dose, tapering slower or crossing over to Valium won't be helpful because your tinnitus is a chronic condition that will only be made worse by the use of benzodiazepines.  If you would like other members to weigh in on your situation I would suggest you start a thread on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board, you may get some different opinions that will help you decide what to do.  Someone who has experience with what you're dealing with may respond and that opinion would be worth a lot more than mine. 

Hi Pamster, thanks for all your help.

I have posted a thread in withdrawal support if you would like to have a look. I am really struggling and am not sur if I can stabilize at .0675 mg as my tinnitus continues to worsen along with my hyperacusis. I am also getting more symptoms like waves of anxiety along with the muscle, burning pain.  At this point you don't think I have any options left?  Thanks so much..... :angel::smitten:

Hi Pamster, I really want to thank you for giving me all your help.  I am going to try to hold on a stabilize a few more days at 0.0625mg if I can. It will be

1 week on Monday.  I know you are really busy and when you have the time but I hope you can advise me at that point as you have suggested. I will keep you updated.  Thanks so much..... :angel::smitten:

You're welcome angelcat, I think holding is a good idea, but not going back up so try not to do that.  It sounds like you're experiencing typical withdrawal symptoms along with your increased tinnitus and hyperacusis, its amazing how much damage these drugs can do in such a short time.

Thanks so much Pamster,

I am really concerned b/c the tinnitus along with Hyperacusis keeps getting louder and more intense and its now difficult to cope. In your experience do you think this is due to my updose b/c things were not like this before.  Do you think my T & H will improve once I am off the benzo? I also worry the longer I stay on the more symptoms I will get since I did a rapid taper. 

:angel:

I don't think your symptoms are because of your updose, I think they're from taking and withdrawing from the Clonazepam and once you're off the drug and recovered from your use, your tinnitus should return to your baseline. 

Thanks so much Pamster,

I am still feeling unstable and have been holding at .0625pm, but pretty scared to jump. Not sure what to do but the longer I stay on the worse things will be. Is it wise to jump when unstable?  How much longer can I hold for?  0.0625 mg is still quite a large dose to jump is it not? ..really tough... :angel::smitten:

Hi Pamster, thanks so much.

At this point is there much difference or benefit jumping at .0625 mg or 0.0312 mg?  Do you think my body would notice any difference at 0.0312mg vrs 0.0625?  So confusing b/c I was a short time user but its been over a month now, and i worry that the longer I go the more side affects I will have? ... :angel::smitten:

Thanks Pamster,

Actually I wanted to get your opinion on the difference between the two dosages and how much affect it would have on my body jumping at 0.0625mg vrs 0.0312pm.  I would have to get another compounding RX or water filtration from this dosage 0.0625mg I would be on the drug at least another week.  In your opinion should I still be concerned with getting off as soon as I can.  I know its my decision but what at this point and my history would you do? Really appreciate your great advice... :angel::smitten:

I don't have taper experience so I can't really say, some members will tell you that yes, there is a big difference between jumping at .0625 and .0312 but I don't see it being beneficial in your case because of your short time using it.

Hi Pamster thanks so much,

So I took my last dose Monday night and am benzo free.  But I am still having some muscle burning, tenderness mostley in arms and shoulders and prickly butt, should I still be having these symptoms being short term user.  Really scared that this could be permanent.  I guess I still went too fast a taper... :( ad

I probably should have CT instead....any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.... :angel::smitten:

angelcat, I am so glad to hear your are now benzo-free!  I hope the symptoms you are having will be short-lived since you weren't on benzos long.  Please don't second guess yourself about whether you should have CT or tapered - the main thing is you are off now and hopefully this whole thing will be in your rearview mirror very soon.

Well done angelcat!!    :smitten:

Hi Kate08 thanks so much.

I really hope so. I am going to monitor things over the next few days.  Those seem to my only symptoms so far, do long term tapers also have the muscle burning, prickly pain symptoms or is it usually only the rapid/CT tapers?  So scared that these symptoms could be long term or permanent and get worse, did you ever have these symptoms?  How long will I have them? Really could use some reassurance right now!  :angel::smitten:

Hi Kate08 thanks so much.

I really hope so. I am going to monitor things over the next few days.  Those seem to my only symptoms so far, do long term tapers also have the muscle burning, prickly pain symptoms or is it usually only the rapid/CT tapers?  So scared that these symptoms could be long term or permanent and get worse, did you ever have these symptoms?  How long will I have them? Really could use some reassurance right now!  :angel::smitten:

I had those symptoms but they didn't last long.  My symptoms were actually worse early in my taper than later on.  I suggest you get busy and use good old distraction to take your mind off of things.  Distraction was my best friend during withdrawl - I cleaned all my closets, drawers, cabinets, car, etc. during the worst of it and it really helped burn off the anxious energy plus I did a lot of things that needed done.    :thumbsup: