dry cutting?

[ra...]

I have no advise on jars.

You must be careful with percentages.  They vary over time.  When you first start your taper, the percentage is low.  But your last day of tapering, your percentage becomes 100%.

If you do the 300 day option, then your first day, you reduce 1 out of 300 = 0.3%

If you do the 150 day option, then your first day, is 0.15%

So percentages get higher the lower you go? I didn’t realize that. Must be simple mathematic reality.

If I start with 1 month at the 300 day rate (suspension method) and that goes ok, then I can try the higher percentage cuts at the 150 day rate (and you could help me with the math)? Is this right?

You’re stellar for responding to my endless questions. I’m becoming less fearful as I grasp the details, and that helps me a lot (to be less fearful).

Rascal

So percentages get higher the lower you go? I didn’t realize that. Must be simple mathematic reality.

If I start with 1 month at the 300 day rate (suspension method) and that goes ok, then I can try the higher percentage cuts at the 150 day rate (and you could help me with the math)? Is this right?

You’re stellar for responding to my endless questions. I’m becoming less fearful as I grasp the details, and that helps me a lot (to be less fearful).

Rascal

Yes, I will continue to help you.  Be at peace.

This thread is exactly what I needed to find. thank you Bob and Kate08. Can this vodka method be used with Alprazolam (Xanax)? Can I save this thread somehow to reference it? will go watch video. maybe if i read it forty times I will be able to do this I will be dry cutting the next month so i have some study time. thanks for all of this. really really generous.

I just watched the video and it totally makes sense to me now! Thank you so much for the link. Any thoughts at what point is good to switch from dry to liquid?

10-4. So that was interesting what she said that the pills dont have equal distribution once you go beyond the manufacturers score. Now does every pill start with 300 mil? meaning whatever smallest pill your poison comes in - mine is .25, thats when you dilute it and start pulling out a little more each day. I think Id want to try and do it faster than 300 days but tonight I learned I have just been randomly shaving off trying to taper sort of ad hoc and thats no bueno

You are taking 3 pills of 0.25mg each.

You would put all 3 pills into the 300 mL and then be done in 300 days.

If you think you can handle a faster taper, then put all 3 pills into 150 mL and be done in 150 days.

No matter if you use 150 mL or 300 mL, each day you remove 1 mL more.

On day 1, remove 1 mL and drink the rest

On day 2, remove 2 mL and drink the rest

On day 3, remove 3 mL and drink the rest

and so on.

Im ridiculously happy that i finally understand the process, and have a road map. I cannot thank you enough and hope the OP Rascal benefits as well. Thank you Bob. Everyone in here is so patient and generous with knowledge.

wishing you a great weekend

You have not talked much about your symptoms. If they start getting bad just remember to hold your dose for at least 2 weeks or until your symptoms becomes stable, whichever is longer.

Good Morning, Bob. I understand. I tried, back in early January to CT - didn't realize it was CT just said to myself "hey maybe I oughta dial back" it was a shocking experience to find out this was not going to just end. My symptoms were insomnia, weepiness (still cry almost daily maybe because this is my reality and I am still trying to accept it) headaches, jelly legs, anxiety, paranoia, terror, weird awful dreams, deep sadness, etc.

I do occasionally feel mild sx between doses but not enough to adjust anything. When your taper ended, did you have an acute period, or difficult months after?

BMC,

I just realized, we have been talking on the post started by rascal

In future, things are best if you start your own post and then all answers will reflect your needs.

If you do start a new post, send me an private message and I will tag it so I see activity on it.

Bob 7 -

Reading this thread has also been super useful to me. The one thing I'm getting confused about is how you know whether to do a 150-day taper, a 300-day taper, or somewhere in between? Is there some kind of math equation one can do to see appx. how much they would be cutting every two weeks, and keep that in the 5-10 percent suggested range?

For instance, I'm thinking of dry cutting down to 3mg V, and then possibly switching to DMT. The math is confounding me. I can't make out what would be the appropriate length of the taper (sxs ramping up notwithstanding) if I wanted to cut between 5-10% every 14 days.

I'm asking this on this thread here because I think it's related to the questions other folks have here, but could also start a different thread.

Thanks so much!

Open road- I’m glad you posted on this thread cuz I’m still trying to grasp the math and determine how to proceed as well.

I haven’t started the liquid micro taper yet- still waiting for relative stability, planned events/stress to slow down as well as supplies to arrive. Finally- I don’t know whether to use vodka or not. I see a lot of conflicted opinions on this. I hope Bob7 might weigh in on this  ;) what do ya think, Bob7?

Hope it goes well for you!

Rascal

openroad and rascal4ever,

Unfortunately there is no simple math equation to fit all needs.  There are too many variables.  It depends if you cut and hold, use liquid, do a DMT, you taper objections.  But be at peace, I will help you with math.

Your concerns about the math tell me you are worried about not being able to figure things out in the future.  You must take care not to spend time living in the future.  Doing so breeds anxiety and anxiety feeds withdrawal symptoms.

To try and answer your direct question - do a 150 or 300 day taper, here is how to answer it.

Start with the 300 day taper (it is safer).

Keep a journal, each day, of you taper dose and your symptoms and whatever is going on in your life (external stress)

As the weeks go by, look back at your journal and answer this question:  Am I doing well.  If so, you can speed up the taper (i.e. go to 150 day).

Thanks, Bob 7!

Q: Shouldn't the length of your taper have *something* to do with how much benzo you are still on? For instance, it it were 6mg V as opposed to 3mg V, would the answer still be 300 days? Somehow this isn't making sense to me ... but again, math is not my strong point.

Not thinking into the future, necessarily - just trying to find the appropriate length for what I am taking so I have a sense of my daily reductions .... If I have 3mg left, and I do a 300-day taper, and I put all 3mg in 300 ml each day, and I remove 1 milileter each day, how many grams am I reducing each day? And when can I start putting only 2.5mg in that solution? And how does that change the process?

And Kate 08 - how did you decide on 50 days based on what you still had to taper?

Sorry if I'm being dense here!  :-\

Thanks!

Hi openroad,

You always put the same amount of benzo in the water.  If your current dose is 3 mg, then:

On day 1, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 1 mL, drink the rest.

On day 2, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 2 mL, drink the rest.

On day 3, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 3 mL, drink the rest.

On day 299, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 299 mL, drink the rest.

On day 300, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 300 mL, NOTHING TO DRINK, YOU ARE DONE.

If you want a slower taper, then start with more water (so it takes more days).

If you think you can handle a faster taper, then start with less water.

Hi openroad,

You always put the same amount of benzo in the water.  If your current dose is 3 mg, then:

On day 1, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 1 mL, drink the rest.

On day 2, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 2 mL, drink the rest.

On day 3, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 3 mL, drink the rest.

On day 299, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 299 mL, drink the rest.

On day 300, put 3 mg of benzo in 300 mL of water, remove 300 mL, NOTHING TO DRINK, YOU ARE DONE.

If you want a slower taper, then start with more water (so it takes more days).

If you think you can handle a faster taper, then start with less water.

Thank you Bob7 - your explanations are so clear and easy to understand.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Bob 7! I understand the plan, just trying to understand how much I'm tapering each day/week/etc. with this plan.

Also trying to understand how I could switch this over to only using a 2mg tablet when I get that low, because otherwise I'm wasting a lot of medication and might not have the reserves.

I don't want to take over Rascal's thread, so I started my own in the Titration board. Thank you so much!  :thumbsup:

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]