Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

beware blue & fluorescent light and computer after dinner.

[re...]

the sleep doc said i was doing the right things BUT to avoid caffeine,  tv and especially computer after dinner. apparently fluorescent, and esp computer screen, gives out blue light which tells your brain its bright morning or midday.

the sleep doc said i was doing the right things BUT to avoid caffeine,  tv and especially computer after dinner. apparently fluorescent, and esp computer screen, gives out blue light which tells your brain its bright morning or midday.

There is one of the e-readers that have that affect too.  Not sure which one, though.

Try this free piece of software on your PC, it adjusts the color/light your monitor produces to help that exact problem. It is a bit weird to get used to at first, but you get used to it quickly.

Its call F.lux

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

---------------

description from site:

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

f.lux

F.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.

THANKS DPETE. for the link to software. i'm trying to not use it after dinner later anyway but everything helps.