Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

What annoying song is looping in your brain today?

[wi...]

I never had a complete song, just the same 5 notes over and over, I think it was those notes that prompted me to seek out a counselor to find out if I had schizophrenia. I didn't, just plain old miserable benzo crap.  :sick:  I think I would have liked to have a whole song stuck in my head, but then again, probably not.

I never had a complete song, just the same 5 notes over and over, I think it was those notes that prompted me to seek out a counselor to find out if I had schizophrenia. I didn't, just plain old miserable benzo crap.  :sick:  I think I would have liked to have a whole song stuck in my head, but then again, probably not.

OMG, Pamster, I have had that five note thing tooo!  It does make you feel crazier than a whole song looping, or even a chorus from a song...I have had it, so I relate.  Once I was watching an episode of American Horror Story and it had clowns in it and the music they were playing was that creep clown in the box music from those wind up toys.  I heard those same notes playing in my head for at least a week!

Mickey-Toni Basil

Ohhh, that is an annoying song. I can picture the stupid video. That was back in the early days of Mtv.  I'm dating myself.

This thread is made for me!!! I couldn't think for months due to the looping music. Luckily it's eased up. It's very rarely a whole song, just a chorus maybe over and over and over, or some days just notes like pamster.

This morning I'm listening to an 80’s classic by Paul Young 😂😂

Mickey-Toni Basil

Ohhh, that is an annoying song. I can picture the stupid video. That was back in the early days of Mtv.  I'm dating myself.

Yeah, widesky, I’m right there with you!  ;)

• 1 month later...

The opening theme song to a show I watched.

I used to get this bad. If I watched anything before bed, the theme would loop for hours and stop me sleeping. F-ing nightmare lol

[94...]

I used to wake up and ask my husband who was listening to AC/DC?

My brother lived in my basement and I went to to tell him to turn his music down.

He was asleep. Nobody but me was hearing it. I even went outside to see if the neighbors had music on. NOPE.  They didn’t.

Pamster I think that too made me think I was schizophrenic.  Wow. That was a memory I just unlocked.

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

Heard it on TV…… it’s driving me crazy but still, it makes me want to get up and dance!

Bloody Rick Astley now, I'm not reading this thread anymore  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

Heard it on TV…… it’s driving me crazy but still, it makes me want to get up and dance!

Ted Lasso?  ;D

This looping song problem has been with me for a few years - so Im starting to realize benzo problems been with me longer than I thought. One of my worst ones was "16 Days" by Ryan Adams - seems like it went on for literally 16 days

Pamster - 5 notes? I instantly thought of the Close Encounters of the Third Kind  tones  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

The why,, why tell me it's just human nature song by Michael Jackson.

One night I saw Chaka Khan and  miles Davis on YouTube do it and been looping ever since :(

Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.

I keep hearing that refrain “ Isn’t she lovely, isn’t she wonderful?” over and over

:idiot:

Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.

I keep hearing that refrain “ Isn’t she lovely, isn’t she wonderful?” over and over

:idiot:

Oh no :(

AndI thought it was just me!  Different tunes come into my head, sometimes its an tv advert or some old song, drives me mad. Its easing off a bit now, Ive only been off temazepam about 1  week so Ive got a long way to go I think. When it happens I try to shift  my thoughts to something else, sometimes that works.

AndI thought it was just me!  Different tunes come into my head, sometimes its an tv advert or some old song, drives me mad. Its easing off a bit now, Ive only been off temazepam about 1  week so Ive got a long way to go I think. When it happens I try to shift  my thoughts to something else, sometimes that works.

if its an advertising jingle then it's extra bad.