To all those in acute hell: group hug!

[sa...]

Yes, we have a family tartan and crest as well

I’m from the clan colquhoun and the crest says si je puis (if I can).

My grandmother was from Dundee.

Winnie

Mine is the Hay clan  my Grandad's family were from Edinburgh area. I've been to Edinburgh and Glasgow. It's well worth a visit but not in the winter too cold!! I did manage sleep a little bit last night thanks god!!!

Caring and healing hugs from here in Oklahoma. I too appreciate all the help I get from my BBuddies. It’s been a saving Grace for me as well as my family. I’m still riding the most challenging wave I’ve ever experienced, but I’m still alive and kicking! Some improvement each day.

I’ve had to accept where I am right now. I’ve not been able to participate in my daily activities for at least 6 weeks now. I miss it so much because I love my life. I’ve been blessed beyond my wildest dreams. It’s always been hard for me to accept limitations in my life. I’m grateful for this lesson in patience and acceptance. I needed to learn that the world does not stop because Sandy can’t participate!

I hope we can all enjoy and participate in this joyous Season, in whatever way that looks like.

Hugs, Sandy🥰

I'm living in Sweden, so my arms are very long. A big hug!  :mybuddy:

:smitten:

I could just about reach you Anna across the North Sea!! Have you got snow there yet?

Oh my goodness, Leann, my family hails from Duns, Berwickshire, they are Hays and they live in Duns Castle.  I am part Swiss and part Scottish. I am glad that I found your posting, I wish that we would get an email when someone answers our post, just found this and had to dig.  Hope you are feeling better today.  Hugs, Spazzie.

Hey Spazzie.  If you click the ‘Notify’ button on top of each post you should be getting an email notification. If not check your spam folder.

Hello Winnie Dog, I am not a Canadian citizen, duel passport American and British, my Mother was an American and my Father and Grandparents from Dundee and my Aunt, my father's sister married a Hay from Duns Berwickshire by way of Nova Scotia, my Uncle George Hay of Duns Castle, which he inherited.  My step Mother's twin sister lived in Toronto, so many coincidences.  Hugs from snowy Connecticut. Spazzie

Yes, what a coincidence!!

So cool! I’ve never been to Scotland, always wanted to go!

It’s snowing here in Toronto today too!

Beautiful, I love the snow.

Winnie

Oh my goodness, Leann, my family hails from Duns, Berwickshire, they are Hays and they live in Duns Castle.  I am part Swiss and part Scottish. I am glad that I found your posting, I wish that we would get an email when someone answers our post, just found this and had to dig.  Hope you are feeling better today.  Hugs, Spazzie.

Did have a family tree somewhere, but my Mum threw load old photos and stuff out, long story!!! It is going back long way, think one of them married a Campbell as well. Something like a great great grandfather. I don't like the tartan not very nice colour. My husband from Scottish stock, he's got strawberry blond hair and the pale skin. How amazing to have relatives living in a castle, nothing grand like that in our family. My grandad was one of 13 children! Googled the castle looks amazing.

Winnie Dog,  Not fond of Winter or snow, makes it too difficult for this old lady to get around.  I am glad that you are enjoying the snow in Toronto, you must have a lot more than we have, we just got a dusting, about an inch.  Enjoy your snowy day and I hope that you are feeling much better today.  Hugs, Spazzie.

The story behind the Castle is quite amazing, my Uncle George Hay who inherited it was a distant cousin living in Nova Scotia and there were three brothers all killed in WW1, who were direct descendants, and so Uncle George inherited it, a real long shot, and then my Uncle George met my Father's sister, my Aunt Patricia and fell in love, he was 21 and she 15 and he had to wait to marry her.  They had four children, two girls, Caroline & Barbara and then two boys, Alick and Philip, Alick, my cousin, is now the laird of the castle with his wife Aline, they have two children, a girl Caroline and a boy Robert, both married, Robert will inherit the castle and has two boys so, an heir and a spare.  Somewhere back in the Hay family is a Campbell. :)  Healing hugs to you Lee Ann.  Spazzie

What a wonderfully diverse group this is.  I'm enjoying seeing where everyone is from and some of their history.  I'm wishing all of us windows, nice long ones, real soon.

Sandy, so sorry you are struggling.  I've been in a wave for four weeks save for three or so windows of several hours each.  This after a six week window.  I'm convinced there is healing happening and we're moving closer to complete healing. Ginger

I live in the Pacific Northwest and we have had a warm November compared to average.  A bit of snow last week but gone now.  Windy today.

What a wonderfully diverse group this is.  I'm enjoying seeing where everyone is from and some of their history.  I'm wishing all of us windows, nice long ones, real soon.

Sandy, so sorry you are struggling.  I've been in a wave for four weeks save for three or so windows of several hours each.  This after a six week window.  I'm convinced there is healing happening and we're moving closer to complete healing. Ginger

I live in the Pacific Northwest and we have had a warm November compared to average.  A bit of snow last week but gone now.  Windy today.

I live in the PNW too!  Hoping for some sun soon.  I'm on the east side of WA state, so we do get some sun now and then in the Winter, but not often. 

I'm in Eastern Washington too.  Hi neighbor! The sun is trying to shine now.

Yes, trying!  It's better than those gloomy overcast days with fog.