For me its time for my success story

[99...]

4 years after you are 80% better with an ok life, and days where you feel far worse.

This isn't a success story, if it would be then it scares me and many newbies like me too, like if after 4 years we are going to have a partial life with waves. I don't want that. I am ready to stay with manageable symptoms till life rather than getting hit again n again.

Hi ScaredCat, Sundance is HAPPY, I don’t think you can get better than HAPPY! Many fully fit people are not happy.

Congratulations Sundance! Wonderful news!

4 years after you are 80% better with an ok life, and days where you feel far worse.

This isn't a success story, if it would be then it scares me and many newbies like me too, like if after 4 years we are going to have a partial life with waves. I don't want that. I am ready to stay with manageable symptoms till life rather than getting hit again n again.

The biggest mistake you can make when it comes to healing and recovery is making other people's stories your own.  I did that and much to my regret.  I made other people's timelines for recovering or a symptom going away mine.  Each WD experience is unique.  NO two WD experiences are exactly the same.  I thought I'd never recover, but I did and to 99.999% as I believe nothing is ever 100%.  You'll heal.  Time is the healer.  There are no shortcuts, potions or pills you can take to speed up the healing process, but given enough time, you will heal to your pre-Benzo baseline...just because one person is OK with 80% after 4 years doesn't mean that will be you too!

Good luck!

Hey everyone,

It's Miss Fortitude after about a two month leave from benzo buddies.

I had a wave that lasted about 50 days long this past fall. Equilibrium issues and dizziness was the problem to the point that I needed a cane to walk. The wave ended about 2 months ago or so. I now feel the best I have thus far in this entire journey. I'm at 32 months.

Sundance thank you for writing a success story. So glad to hear you are doing so much and living a full life!

Thank you for writing a success story. It's so very very true that many people leave benzo buddies without writing a success story. Even people in the benzo community, who write well known blogs or started their own websites to help others get through withdrawal, people that we know well, even some of them have not come back to benzo buddies to write a success story. These are people who are healed, but they just could not bring themselves back to this forum. It's just too hard. They wanted to move on. Also, they can't really identify themselves according to the rules & regs of this forum.

With that being said, thank you Sundance. Thank you for coming back and sharing your story to help others. I think it's important especially since this is a free forum that most people in withdrawal depend on especially during acute, to get help. Therefore, it's important to see that people get better and move on.

I stay away from this forum now, but I'm also at a point where I can. I don't need it as much. A visit here and there at this point in my journey is all I need right now, and yes it gets to a tipping point where you just know it's time to not be on here every day, or even every week, or every month.

Sundance, healing will continue from here. Dr. Heather Ashton says some symptoms may linger and SEEM permanent because they heal so slowly, but they indeed lessen and disappear over large chunks of time.

You will see with every passing year that when you thought you were feeling your best possible, that it even gets better with the passage of more time. I can see that for myself as I move forward with my own journey.

Bless you Sundance. Enjoy your amazing life!

- Miss Fortitude

Miss Fortitude,

Thank you for commenting on Sundance's success story. I'm drinking in both your words! I'm really needing to see hopeful stories and positive outcomes and yours will help me get through the day. I'm so glad you have a life outside the forum now and can go and live! Thank you so much.

Helen

• 2 weeks later...
Sundance ! This is so great! Could you please unblock me? I think you were co fused on my age and gender. I am 43 mother of a 12 yr old boy. I think you thought I said I was a 12 yr old boy. I said are you a mom? I am, 12 yr old son. Please