Reduced to much

[bo...]

You are welcome. You will get there — you have already shown admirable determination and courage by reducing your dose from 0.5mg to 0.08mg. 

If I’ve understood you correctly, here is the last series of reductions you’ve made:

1mL to 0.95mL = a 5% reduction

0.95mL to 0.9mL = a 5.26% reduction

0.9mL to 0.85mL = a 5.56% reduction

0.85mL to 0.8mL = a 5.88% reduction

As you can see, the percent reduction has increased from 5% to 5.88%.  The uptick in symptoms you are experiencing suggest you should consider keeping future reductions in the range of 5%.  Your math/measurement helper can assist you with the calculations.

For example, for your next reduction, you might consider decreasing the amount of liquid you ingest from 0.8mL to 0.76mL; this would be a 5% reduction.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [Li...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ju...]

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

according to this calculator :

its a %6.25  reduction?

Thxs for your encouragement Libertas! you are correct on the table of reductions I have been doing.

each time I reduce its like a %1

Hmm ... what numbers are you entering in the calculator to arrive at a 6.25% reduction? 

I was referring to the percent reduction from 0.8 to 0.76.  Using the calculator above, enter .8 in the top (V1) box and .76 in the bottom (V2) box, then press the calculate button. The percent decrease displayed is 5%.

PS To help other members help you, please consider adding your most recent series of reductions to your signature.  Here are the instructions: Add your history/signature 

Tip of the hat for figuring out why our percent decreases were different, bonty. 

Reading the graduation lines on 1mL syringes can be challenging. Here’s what I use:

YOCTOSUN LED Head Magnifier, Rechargeable Hands Free Headband Magnifying Glass with 2 Led, Professional Jeweler's Loupe Light Bracket and Headband are Interchangeable

URL:

[nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/YOCTOSUN-Rechargeable-Magnifying-Professional-Interchangeable/dp/B07T4KPYN2[/nobbc]

You are welcome.  Don’t beat yourself up.  Many of our members do not understand why making fixed-amount reductions in dose can be problematic.

Reading this thread is very helpful.

A tip on reading your syringe.  I take a photo with my phone and expand it to see if I'm at the mark.  so far it has worked well for me. 

There have been a few times early on it saved me from "did I take my 2 pm dose?"  Yep there is the picture.

JuJuBi

Reading this thread is very helpful.

A tip on reading your syringe.  I take a photo with my phone and expand it to see if I'm at the mark.  so far it has worked well for me. 

There have been a few times early on it saved me from "did I take my 2 pm dose?"  Yep there is the picture.

JuJuBi

great thank you!

• 8 months later...

Hello, bonty.  Have you considered making smaller batches of a less concentrated liquid?  Your current homebrew liquid has a concentration in the range of 0.104mg/mL.  A liquid with a concentration in the range of 0.01mg/mL would make measuring small doses easier and more reliable. Making/using smaller batches would reduce the risk of the liquid losing potency/strength over time due to instability.

How do I make small batches?

also could I switch to pill form

Hello, bonty.  Have you considered making smaller batches of a less concentrated liquid?  … A liquid with a concentration in the range of 0.01mg/mL would make measuring small doses easier and more reliable. Making/using smaller batches would reduce the risk of the liquid losing potency/strength over time due to instability.

My apologies, bonty.  I missed your questions because your post got ‘trapped’ in my quote.  I’ve fixed it above.

What is your current total daily dose of clonazepam in milligrams?

Are you still using the Rivotril drops to make a do-it-youself (DIY) diluted liquid?

What ‘recipe’ are you using to make your DIY liquid?  (How many drops or milliliters of the Rivotril oral solution do you use? How many milliliters of water?)

How many milliliters of the DIY liquid do you ingest each day?

Hello, bonty.  Have you considered making smaller batches of a less concentrated liquid?  … A liquid with a concentration in the range of 0.01mg/mL would make measuring small doses easier and more reliable. Making/using smaller batches would reduce the risk of the liquid losing potency/strength over time due to instability.

My apologies, bonty.  I missed your questions because your post got ‘trapped’ in my quote.  I’ve fixed it above.

What is your current total daily dose of clonazepam in milligrams?

Are you still using the Rivotril drops to make a do-it-youself (DIY) diluted liquid?

What ‘recipe’ are you using to make your DIY liquid?  (How many drops or milliliters of the Rivotril oral solution do you use? How many milliliters of water?)

How many milliliters of the DIY liquid do you ingest each day?

yes  2.5mg to 24mls water, current dose 0.06 Rivotril.

Its becomes so difficult to decrease, I decreased 7% instead of 3-5% and was so dizzy and had Ataxia I believe, This is my 3er year and took this short term , I believe I was kindled

Just double-checking ….

Are you ingesting 0.6mLs of the do-it-yourself liquid?

How many days are you storing/using the liquid?  How do you store it?

What measuring tool(s) are you using to prepare your liquid?

What measuring tool are you using to measure your dose?

yes  0.06  do it myself and need help with % , I use a 1ml syringe.

I have a bottle of rivotril and it is with dropper , so put 25 drops and 24ml of water  with a 20ml  syringe

Are you measuring 0.06 milliliters of the liquid or 0.6 milliliters?

Do you make a fresh batch of liquid every day? 

Or do you store your liquid and use it over multiple days?  If so, how many days do you keep it?  How do you store it (e.g. protected from light, in the refrigerator)?

Thank you for answering my questions, bonty.  The more we know about your case, the better input/feedback we can provide.

Based on the information you’ve given us, it appears you are taking a much lower dose than you thought.

0.06 milliliters of a liquid with a concentration of 0.1mg per milliliter equates to 0.006mg of drug.  That’s a very low dose.

Do you feel you are ready to quit or do you wish to taper to zero?

Thank you for answering my questions, bonty.  The more we know about your case, the better input/feedback we can provide.

Based on the information you’ve given us, it appears you are taking a much lower dose than you thought.

0.06 milliliters of a liquid with a concentration of 0.1mg per milliliter equates to 0.006mg of drug.  That’s a very low dose.

Do you feel you are ready to quit or do you wish to taper to zero?

I must have reduced much more each time, I don't understand, I still very symptomatic each reduction maybe a few months, how much is it in Valium?

Per Ashton’s Benzodiazepine Equivalence Table, an equivalent dose of diazepam is 20 times the clonazepam dose.  In your case 0.006mg clonazepam x 20 = 0.12mg diazepam.  HOWEVER, please bear in mind that Ashton’s equivalents were developed solely for the purpose of transitioning patients to a benzodiazepine with a longer half life.  The actual equipotent dose for 0.006mg clonazepam is likely less than 0.12mg diazepam.

I have another question for you — are you certain you are reading your syringe properly?  To test yourself:

(1) Go to this website:

How to Read a Syringe

https://www.registerednursern.com/how-to-read-a-syringe/

(2) Scroll down the page until you get to this section:

Reading a 1 mL Syringe

(3) Look at the picture of the 1 mL syringe.

Each line measures in 0.01 increments until it reaches a total capacity of 1 mL.

(4) Find the 0.06 mL label written in yellow on the picture.

(5) Are you measuring to the 0.06 mark on your 1 mL syringe?  Or are you measuring to the 0.6 mark?

Per Ashton’s Benzodiazepine Equivalence Table, an equivalent dose of diazepam is 20 times the clonazepam dose.  In your case 0.006mg clonazepam x 20 = 0.12mg diazepam.  HOWEVER, please bear in mind that Ashton’s equivalents were developed solely for the purpose of transitioning patients to a benzodiazepine with a longer half life.  The actual equipotent dose for 0.006mg clonazepam is likely less than 0.12mg diazepam.

I have another question for you — are you certain you are reading your syringe properly?  To test yourself:

(1) Go to this website:

How to Read a Syringe

https://www.registerednursern.com/how-to-read-a-syringe/

(2) Scroll down the page until you get to this section:

Reading a 1 mL Syringe

(3) Look at the picture of the 1 mL syringe.

Each line measures in 0.01 increments until it reaches a total capacity of 1 mL.

(4) Find the 0.06 mL label written in yellow on the picture.

(5) Are you measuring to the 0.06 mark on your 1 mL syringe?  Or are you measuring to the 0.6 mark?

0.6 ml    so 1mg of valium? I apologize this while  thing is confusing

No apologies needed.  Many of our members struggle with measurement and calculations during benzodiazepine discontinuation.  I’m just glad I checked.

Hello again, bonty.

I’ve been thinking about your case and have another question.

You’ve told us you make a large batch of your do-it-yourself liquid and use it for at least two weeks or perhaps longer.  (The batch you are making is 25mL.  At your current dose of 0.6mLs a day, that amount would potentially last for 41 days.)

Given that liquid forms of drugs are typically less stable than solid dosage forms, do you notice a difference in your symptoms or functionality when the DIY liquid is freshly made versus when it is two or more weeks old?

If I were in your shoes, I would consider making a fresh batch daily or making a small batch that would last 3 to 5 days at most.  I would also consider making a more dilute liquid (e.g. 0.01mg/mL instead of 0.1mg/mL).