Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Substitute Ativan for tempazapam

[Do...]

Does anyone know if I can quit tempazapam by switching to Ativan.  I quit tempazapam for twelve days in June and went on Ativan, but after twelve days I lost my Ativan and my anxiety withdrwals were so severe that I had to go back on the tempazapam.  My skin looked better after quiting for 12 days.

Hi Dom81,

Since temazepam and lorazepam have very similar half-lives, I don't see any benefits to this cross. Unless maybe you're trying to get insurance to cover the cost of a commercial liquid lorazepam solution which I believe is available in some places.

What benefits are you looking for from lorazepam?

How did you lose your lorazepam last time?

The benefit to the Ativan is it helps my anxiety and sleep.  Also,my skin gets better after a week of being off the tempazpam.  The tempazpam has aged my skin 20 years from taking too much from April 2020 to now.  It gave me wrinkles and I look sickly.  Every time i quit I look 10 years younger, but it has caused puffy eyes for 14vmonths which won't go away even when I quit the tempazapam.

Hi Dom81,

You keep writing you're on "tempazpam" or "tempazapam"; I'm not able to find this drug, so I assume you're meaning temazepam. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Do I understand correctly that twelve days after you lost your lorazepam prescription and were experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms, your doctor was only willing to prescribe temazepam?

I think you mentioned that in another recent thread that your doctor was currently only allowing you a prescription for temazepam. How are you hoping to switch to lorazepam if your doctor is unwilling to prescribe this medication to you? Has something changed?

I meant tempazapam.

I want to go on Ativan, but my doctor will only give me temozapam.  I will either have to quit cold turkey or taper.

I meant tempazapam.

I'm fairly certain that "tempazapam" is not a drug. I think you mean temazepam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=tempazapam

I want to go on Ativan, but my doctor will only give me temozapam.  I will either have to quit cold turkey or taper.

Now you're calling it "temozapam"; so close! These drugs are definitely hard to spell, but it might help to learn just this one, the one you're current using. Temazepam; brand name 'Restoril' among others. Maybe a brand name would be easier to spell?

Please help me understand, why are you wanting to discuss a cross to lorazepam if you don't have access to any?  ???

Does anyone know if I can quit tempazapam by switching to Ativan.

If you can't get lorazepam, then the answer is fairly simple; no, you cannot quit temazepam by switching to a drug you don't have access to.  :-\