Finally healed. Diet was the last piece of my puzzle. 10 year success story

[Ho...]

Hey Holly. I’m very glad that you’re better now. I recently ran across a post about you describing eye focus issues and your eyes just sing out and having a difficult time trying to get them to focus on things. Has that gone away for you?

Yes, I don't even remember what that symptom felt like now. Completely gone away.

Hi, Holly-

Thanks so much for sharing your success story. This helps give me hope! Have been doing keto/carnivore for the last 2 yrs or so. While it hasn't seemed to address any one particular wd symptom I've experienced (seems hard to tell at this point), it has given me back a sense of control over other aspects of my overall health. (Have gotten off all heart meds and T2 med, lost 80 lbs) I don't think I'll ever go back to my old way of eating. In retrospect, if I had been eating healthily in the first place, I would never have needed to be on meds with all their side effects. Case in point- I was given Ativan to relieve the anxiety I was experiencing from taking Glipizide for my T2 Diabetes. Damn! If I only knew then....

I might consider giving kefir a whirl. Has it helped you more with physical symptoms or anxiety issues or both?

So glad to hear of your recovery!

Thanks again!

Richard

Thanks for the reply!

I'll be trying  Colostrum powder from organic dutch cow milk to add to my breakfast yoghurt.

and raw milk kefir - will need to search for a good one here.

I figure the gut and brain are connected as are the amino acids in this whole process.

I could list a few more reasons but it doesnt matter im going to give this a try.

I keep telling people that diet is probably the biggest factor when it comes to recovery, sure time and patience is one aspect however within waiting what's really going on? Well the body is trying to navigate towards homeostasis... The only way it gets there is if you feed the body the nutrients needed to rebuild. Im like you, recovery didn't kick in until I went Carnivore. I can't handle dairy like you but hey congrats on your achievements. And I'm not saying Carnivore is the only way, there's a diet out there for everyone. Carnivore just happens to be more so helpful for the vast majorty. I was vegan while recovering which I will bet my life that it slowed progress as a vegan diet lacks more nutrients then most diets which is why it's almost always studied in comparison to the SAD diet which every diet is better then the SAD, it's also why supplements is needed to which many don't even get those nutrients because the bioavailability pathway is far different between supplements and food sources but then again, maybe someone readying needs a vegan diet... Didn't work for me but I'm one person and you are your own person, do what you believe will make that impact and never look back. Great success story

I keep telling people that diet is probably the biggest factor when it comes to recovery, sure time and patience is one aspect however within waiting what's really going on? Well the body is trying to navigate towards homeostasis... The only way it gets there is if you feed the body the nutrients needed to rebuild. Im like you, recovery didn't kick in until I went Carnivore. I can't handle dairy like you but hey congrats on your achievements. And I'm not saying Carnivore is the only way, there's a diet out there for everyone. Carnivore just happens to be more so helpful for the vast majorty. I was vegan while recovering which I will bet my life that it slowed progress as a vegan diet lacks more nutrients then most diets which is why it's almost always studied in comparison to the SAD diet which every diet is better then the SAD, it's also why supplements is needed to which many don't even get those nutrients because the bioavailability pathway is far different between supplements and food sources but then again, maybe someone readying needs a vegan diet... Didn't work for me but I'm one person and you are your own person, do what you believe will make that impact and never look back. Great success story

That's awesome, I haven't heard of someone else in wd trying carnivore and having success with it :) That's so cool and I totally agree with you about diet and healing. I still technically consider my diet mostly carnivore, since some people say dairy is still carnivore since it's an animal product, with just a few cheats that I do ok with here and there. I truly believe carnivore will make most people feel better as an elimination diet but my case was different, I believe I've always had a sugar/carb sensitivity under the surface...I've never been overweight from it but my body has always been sugar and carb sensitive and on the flip side I believe it really just could not handle zero carb carnivore so suddenly like that. Then when I added in the raw dairy (also provided a small amount carbs) I felt soooo much better and healed. That's just what worked for me! I can't quite explain why and I don't really care to, I now just eat what makes me feel good :)