Morning hell (and not because of anxiety)

[bo...]

Me too. 5 weeks off - still really bad sleep. Muscle pain so bad today, on sides, and on sitting - trying hard not to think of reinstating today, but I know that would be such a bad idea. Had a lot of triggers in last 7 days - think may have made it worse. Maybe some to do with past trauma bubbling around. Seeing my counsellor later she’ll blame it all on that, as she doesn’t believe in diazepam withdrawal, so not helpful. There seem to be no counsellors in Uk who know anything about benzo withdrawal.

Has anyone found a good counsellor in this area?

18 mo off here

Been an athlete my whole life

Drinking and partying all night long, a little tired and dehydrated the next day, but it goes away

THIS Benzo shit

months on end for me of waking, with heavy sore head, tense shoulders, abdomen and body, woozy drunken pressures, neck tense

I drink coffe, 1 cig, then hot shower,,,,,the AM is always the hardest

It used to fade a bit 1yr ago, and the evenings were much better,  but as time passes for me the muscle stuff gets more intense for me, I have no idea why its this way for me

I guess we just need to give it more time

I ran into a lesser friend the other day and he asked if I was on the wagon.  I told him I am at the moment due to having to get off a medication.  First thing he said was, “I bet you feel amazing!” 

I didn’t want to go into details with him but I honestly used to feel better after a 12 pack of Miller Lites and crappy sleep than I do now. 

Sorry guys for my lack of responses! Got chucked into a shitty wave the last week.

I seem to have alternative morning phases: Most of time the wake-ups as I describe here, punctuated with waves of waking up full of mind-numbing rage, anger, frustration, anxiety. (As I am for the last 7 days). Then it goes back to the toxic painful slow-wake up mornins phase.

I really appreciate it all your thoughts, and big thanks to those who said it gets better :)

Anyone going through this I hope it lets up soon.