Symptom explanation… why do some struggle with some and not with others?

[Sh...]

[f2...]
leann, I am the same. Started for insomnia, now chemical anxiety and fear are with me all day, every day. I sleep ok, though. Why did the fear center have to break???

leann, I am the same. Started for insomnia, now chemical anxiety and fear are with me all day, every day. I sleep ok, though. Why did the fear center have to break???

Well then if the theory was correct U and Leann should have insomnia ?see what I’m saying? Makes no sense ! Infuriating

I think these drugs just damage our brains over time.  I had no idea it was happening at the time, but looking back now I realize that my brain was impacted for sure: My taste was off and I was emotionally blunted.  Later on I started developing anxiety at work, but just thought it was performance related.  I would get waves of anxiety in the middle of meetings for no reason.  But I loved the sleep induction.  Taking Ambien was like flipping a switch to nighty-night.

In the year leading up to my tolerance withdrawal, I started to fear ordinary things.  When my husband went out of town, I would look out of the windows at night and fear the darkness.  I never had that before.  I went around checking the locks and freaking myself out because I was alone in the house.  When I went out for a walk in the middle of the day I always turned around thinking someone was right behind me.  I chalked up this unusual behavior to my getting older, but I should have realized it was not me and something was wrong.  I think the drug enhanced the fear center in my brain.  So I would suggest that the brain damage we each sustain is individual in nature, hence the individual symptoms and healing pattern.

Yeah the same happened to me dee. Started getting crazy anxiety for no reason and I’d never had that before. Started having nights were the tablets didn’t work at all and that had never happened either. I definitely think my amygdala took a hit coz I was diagnosed with ptsd after I hit tolerance and drs started polydrugging me. My startle reflex is slowly getting better but for 2 years I would jump at the smallest noises. Ive noticed that’s getting better.

See again you have pain not so much insomnia, so strange how it effects us x

I agree these meds do blunt things had years emotional abuse from mother and then my husband's heart attack never really dealt with them , think it's all coming out now hence the horrible mental symptoms. I could coped with physical symptoms lot better than mental stuff personally. But it is still puzzling why some  have mainly physical and others mental.

Yeah the same happened to me dee. Started getting crazy anxiety for no reason and I’d never had that before. Started having nights were the tablets didn’t work at all and that had never happened either. I definitely think my amygdala took a hit coz I was diagnosed with ptsd after I hit tolerance and drs started polydrugging me. My startle reflex is slowly getting better but for 2 years I would jump at the smallest noises. Ive noticed that’s getting better.

See again you have pain not so much insomnia, so strange how it effects us x

Indeed we each have our own most bothersome yet stubborn symptoms.  I do have tinnitus 24/7 but I swear I can ignore that and can probably live with it if never goes away.  Yet some can't handle the ear ringing.  I can't tolerate pain at all anymore, even if it is much reduced.  At least I'm not bedridden with it anymore, so it is a fantastic improvement, but I want a pain-free life again.  No ifs, ands or buts!!!

I developed tinnitus in one ear years ago, it does ease over time you do sort of get used to it think it's called habituation.The secret is not to do lot research on it makes your brain more aware of it. When mine was bad I found to have low background noise was good, silence is not good with tinnitus. Funny I can stand a lot of pain, but find mental stuff tortuous. Just bad luck mine largely mental. Hope your pain eases soon.