Pain everywhere

[de...]

Hi Dee

I’m only 2.5 mo out from a2.5 yr taper

But I have pain exactly as you describe.

It’s been bad for several years, but has gotten worse since my jump from Valium

I’ve not read anybody else having pain in the groin area. I’ve been psyching myself up for hip replacement, but praying it’s “just” wd 😲 Do your legs sometimes give out on you?

Last night I was sitting, moved my leg and pain was excruciating. And I have high threshold for you physical pain. The emotional pain is the killer.

Anyway- my pain is in neck, shoulders, legs, hips, back and groin

It keeps me awake at night , but get relief from one Advil, one Tylenol. I Just don’t allow myself to take that combo very often- once every week or 2

Interested in the paste. Let us know how it goes

xx Lil

I've gotten this all wrong Shayna.  I thought I made a paste with the turmeric, and got the milk from the health food store.  :D.  I think it's tea I'm making, right?  F me dead I'm doing it at any rate.  Can't tell shit from clay.  But I'm getting there. 

:laugh:

Dee

Hey dee yep ur right u make a paste with it, store it in a glass jar. So when u want to make a tea u take 1 tblsp of the paste mix it in hot water add coconut milk and maple syrup to taste xx u crack me up x still got a great sense of humour mate so ur doing alright 👍🏼

Hi Ligma  :)

My poison was Valium too.  Evil bloody drug. 

I was same as you with pain in groin.  Thought it must be related hip, destined for hip replacement.  I've read a few post in archives where people talk about groin pain, so I'm confused as to cause.  One minute I was doing ok, next minute couldn't mount stairs. 

My legs don't give out, but I get wobbly.  Reason why I'm going to exercise physiologist and starting exercise regime.  I need to build muscle and core strength.  I'm starting out really slowly fear sometimes I'll snap, or make things worse.  I've never been one to take things slowly, but I know now it's imperative. 

I get pain in all places you describe Ligma, and can't get comfortable in bed either.  Doctor prescribed me small number of codeine with paracetamol.  I don't like to take codeine, but couldn't move around without pain. Couldn't do household stuff.  Cook, etc.  Maybe legs just weak from little use? 

I'm going to follow through with all suggestions. I don't know whether it's 'normal' hip degeneration, or if it's withdrawal.  Approach from all angles. Use Shayna's paste.  Looking forward to that. 

You are only 2.5 mo out, Ligma.  Things do improve I can assure you. But such a long arduous journey, hey? 

:smitten:

Dee

Thanks Thomas.  Your long and slow journey to recovery both touched and inspired me.  The putting on of your socks until at last you could do standing on one leg.  8)

I'm following your good advice Thomas.  Did my elastic band exercise this morning, and will take easy walk in the park.  Visit the ducks.  Not smoking.    :thumbsup:

Dee

Hi Dee

I’m only 2.5 mo out from a2.5 yr taper

But I have pain exactly as you describe.

It’s been bad for several years, but has gotten worse since my jump from Valium

I’ve not read anybody else having pain in the groin area. I’ve been psyching myself up for hip replacement, but praying it’s “just” wd 😲 Do your legs sometimes give out on you?

Last night I was sitting, moved my leg and pain was excruciating. And I have high threshold for you physical pain. The emotional pain is the killer.

Anyway- my pain is in neck, shoulders, legs, hips, back and groin

It keeps me awake at night , but get relief from one Advil, one Tylenol. I Just don’t allow myself to take that combo very often- once every week or 2

Interested in the paste. Let us know how it goes

xx Lil

I have pain in groin, tightness and pulling. Legs turned in at the hips, pain above Pubic bone and around inguinal ligaments and up into vagina,

All through buttocks- agony to sit on- like shredded, feeling like legs are being ripped off if try to sit on the loo and wee.

Dee

Your signature could be mine- sexual assault, alcohol

Also the seratonin syndrome. That was the reason for Ativan, another horrible drug. C/O to V- yuck

Yeah, wobbly legs. I don’t think my brain is sending signal to legs. I’ve fallen a lot!! Now afraid to walk cuz I’ve broke few bones-hip, back, foot in last 2 yrs.  But I do walk. A little more gingerly than previous. At 63 yrs old, never had body pain before. Now it’s everywhere. So, I know it’s wd. But did have bone density scan last month. Failed! And I’m low in Vit D. Doc wanted me in physical therapy. Didn’t want to get into it with him about how I just don’t feel good enough to go a few times a week. I opted out but am doing light weights at home and walking most days. I used to jog. Hated it. Now I dream of how wonderful it would be! 🤣 Doing anything symptom free sounds fantastic. I’d love to empty dishwasher without my shoulder freezing.

Don’t know whatcha got til it’s gone.

We’ll get there!!

xx

That's incredible Lilgma. Similarities in our history's.  Same here with Valium, and Serotonin Syndrome, large part of the reason I've finished up in this mess. 

I've had a compression fracture of my spine. Moved a really heavy pot plant in the garden.  Excruciating. 

I have osteoporosis Lilgma, and my Dexa scans are always terrible.  I've tried biophosphonates (sp) and Prolia injection.  I don't tolerate either, but wish I did. 

I can understand that my groin>hip could be the osteoporosis, but the rest of body pain, not.  I've read that osteoporosis does not cause pain until a break occurs.  Maybe I've got microfractures in my hip which don't show on scan?  Idk

I don't tolerate any of the meds for osteoporosis so all I can do is resistance and strength exercises.  Good diet, go walking, etc. I've come close to falling, but have not so far.

I get it about not feeling able to go to exercise training, but am going to give it a go with the exercise physiologist. 

I can't think of any solution outside what we are doing.  Just do the best we can, and build on small victories. 

Dee

Dee

I’ve been considering the prolia injections. Bit nervous about it. Do you think your bad reaction is due to wd? My gf has no side effects and her bones have improved.  I’ve always been sensitive to prescription drugs. Makes it more unbelievable I’m in this mess. Usually don’t fill scripts

Yes. Compression fracture in my back. I was lifting an extension ladder. Omg pain is worse than childbirth. Luckily the worst of it was only a couple weeks.

Anyway- I see you’re smoke free today. How’s that going? I’m chain smoking. Anxiety, boredom. I’d quit for a few years up until the anxiety started in tolerance wd. Sure wish I could just stop. I say I would give anything to feel good, but maybe I wouldn’t cuz I’m still smoking and sure it’s effin up BP, HR, nausea.    Just not mentally tough to fight it right now.

I hope it lessens your symptoms. 1000 chemicals inhaled sure doesn’t help them. Good luck!!

xx

• 5 weeks later...
[1f...]
Clarifying post - I am not providing medical advice. If you felt that I did, I apologize. Please check with you doctor on any medicine. I am not advising to do anything without the advice of your doctor.

I don't think my reaction to Prolia was caused by withdrawal Lilgma as I took it pre benzo withdrawal.  I think it was my individual reaction to Prolia itself. 

If I could tolerate it I would definitely take it as it does improve bone strength according to DEXA scans at anyrate.  There is some controversy about it, but still I'd take it as don't want another fracture.  . 

Can't agree more about compression fraction!  Worse than childbirth!  Hope it never happens again, and would take Prolia to prevent it, but alas I can't. 

Hi Dee.  I am so very sorry that you are continuing with so much physical pain so far out, but I am impressed with all the positive steps you are taking to help yourself!  I am also a past Valium taker/victim and still cannot wrap my head around the damage it has done: My emergency colostomy was the direct result of the constipation it caused.  Luckily, I was saved by a wonderful trauma surgeon who did the life saving surgery, and who six months later did the reverse colostomy surgery.  I feel blessed to be here for sure!!!

My primary doctor has been very supportive and stresses that even minimal exercise will hasten my recovery, so, like you, I am beginning to walk more out in nature, use a stationary bike, and lift light weights.  I know it will take a good amount of time to regain my muscle tone, as I am 74 and have been mostly bedridden for the past couple of years.

We will get there, Dee, just a matter of time and patience.....time and patience are the oft repeated words written over and over again by our fellow buddies, so I will honor them, and hang on tight :thumbsup:

Hugs,

GG