30 months of symptoms, zero quality of life.

[le...]

Leann:

I think I have mentioned this before, but your jump date is when you stopped your last psychotropic drug.  You said you stopped your AD one year ago, so that is how many months you have been in post acute withdrawal - 12 months.  I would think this would be encouraging to you - you are still well within the 12-18 month timeframe of healing.  Also, you have been kindled pretty severely, so that is part of the equation as well.  You will get better; it is just a matter of time.  There is really nothing you can take to help with withdrawal.  Try to focus on the positive and take one day at a time.

I jumped from benzos while I was still on a psychotropic drug, went into acute/PAWS, and healed from acute all while i was still on it. Can you explain the reasoning behind that if post acute withdrawal doesn't start until you stop all psychotropic drugs?

I've had same symptoms throughout, got no relief from AD , so I agree with your you, been in post acute withdrawal lot longer than 12 months as symptoms gradually got worse after first month . Regardless of when I tried other meds been like this 2.5 years . Could understand reasoning if other meds helped and you got a break in symptoms but didn't happen with me.

Was going try St John's Wort, but print out I had about adverse reaction to AD's say shouldn't take it first 3-18 months after stopping as you could still be in withdrawal, and can have similar effect to them. Still maintain I've consistently had withdrawal symptoms for 2.5 years haven't altered at all.

Hi leann,

I'm just posting to let you know I am thinking about you:) I believe you that you have been in PAWS for 2.5 years. That's a long time. I'm sorry that you aren't getting any relief. I have only been tapering for 2.5 months but my symptoms seem unrelenting. I keep hoping I will get some windows.

Hoping the rest of your day goes better. Mine too.

HM

Given up on recovering anymore, keep thinking crazy thoughts, now thinking may have harmed someone just by talking to them on phone, think I am seriously loosing my mind. Since going away fir couple nights seem have gone in a downward spiral, anxiety off the scale, wondering if going away was too much. 30 months of this just given up hope of ever having normal life again, after having sort plateau now seem be getting worse, most people seem to have had some sort window by now. Thinking trying St John'e Wort, seriously wish I was still on zopiclone.I have had same symptoms for 30 months regardless when I stopped the AD's.😪😰😢

Given up on recovering anymore, keep thinking crazy thoughts, now thinking may have harmed someone just by talking to them on phone, think I am seriously loosing my mind. Since going away fir couple nights seem have gone in a downward spiral, anxiety off the scale, wondering if going away was too much. 30 months of this just given up hope of ever having normal life again, after having sort plateau now seem be getting worse, most people seem to have had some sort window by now. Thinking trying St John'e Wort, seriously wish I was still on zopiclone.I have had same symptoms for 30 months regardless when I stopped the AD's.😪😰😢

Hey Leann,

Have you ever considered a Glutamate blocker like L-Theanine? It may offer you at least some relief from your racing brain symptoms. I'd personally avoid St John's Wort. It's another Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, much like prescription anti depressants. The depression from Benzo withdrawal isn't caused by a Serotonin deficiency, but rather a GABA/Glutamate imbalance. Too much Glutamate and not enough GABA will speed up neural activity and cause racing thoughts to occur.

Fraser

I'll look into it. Will try St John's wort for little while see how I go, as the 1 st anti depressant helped bit at first. Had to stop as made may hair fall out it was when GP told me to keep swapping around got the problems.

Leeann:

I am so, so sorry you are still struggling this much at 30 months off.    This journey is incredibly difficult and can be made more difficult if you do not have a supportive family.  Praying for you!

I hope your day is going ok.  Have you tried vitamin c transfusions? Some doctors do them. Usually it’s 15g or 30g they give you. Not medical advice at all but they have helped me:  xx

No haven't tried that, virtually impossible to see a GP here at moment, only phone calls. I'll try StJohn's Wort then maybe the L thiamine. Just wish I'd get a shift in symptoms, this rapid cycling doing my head in.

No haven't tried that, virtually impossible to see a GP here at moment, only phone calls. I'll try StJohn's Wort then maybe the L thiamine. Just wish I'd get a shift in symptoms, this rapid cycling doing my head in.

It’s gonna be ok. You will heal. Google vitamin c Transfusions to see if there’s someone in your area

That will do it.  It’s helped me so I’m hoping it does for you too. Xxx

What symptoms did it help. Just bit nervous having anything here. So called freedom day tomorrow when all restrictions lifted, covid cases spiralling so very nervous having any medical procedure. Can see another lockdown fast approaching our goverment clueless.

Hey Leann,

Have you ever considered a Glutamate blocker like L-Theanine? It may offer you at least some relief from your racing brain symptoms. I'd personally avoid St John's Wort. It's another Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, much like prescription anti depressants. The depression from Benzo withdrawal isn't caused by a Serotonin deficiency, but rather a GABA/Glutamate imbalance. Too much Glutamate and not enough GABA will speed up neural activity and cause racing thoughts to occur.

Fraser

I aggred with fraser

Itss all related to wd .. you spent 10 years on zop.. i spent almost 8 or 9 on benzos and i reached high doses

I dont think st jonhs its a good idea since ADs didnt helped and caused troubles instead, j didnt fitted with a ADs aswell, all the times i tried it just made me feel like i was distressing my cns even more and i couldnt stand it , it revs me up and  im still not sleeping like i was prior to the last AD trial,

Maybe l theanine would help you since it blocks Glutamate

Im already on 300 mg of lyrica , as i told you inwas very unfunctionall at 10 months off on my last WD attempt ( only mental distress) suddenly this drug masked most of my mental distress and i could function again

Since i did a poor life choice and reiinstated now im almost completing 7 months off and im not fucntioning well but things are improoving very very slowly, i think that this drug still plays a role and its holding back my anxiety and my overall condition mentally .

By the way ( just saying ) it did nothing to help the symptoms of acute since its all damage and chemical induced related..

I think its probably the only prescription pill that would help, its blocks the glutamate storm or exitatory signaling storm..

It has bad wd (for me) given the benzo damage, but maybe it would provide a noticiable relief for you even on low doses ...

refering to my last attempt withdrawing from benzos, on my case it helped mentally with all the distress i was enduring ( toughts and ocd aswell) mood and anxiety...

Its a choice of yours, i think your problems its all drug induced related, its the neuronal damage , you will still heal on it... maybe if it provides the relief your searching for, the best thing to do if it provides relief would be giving some years recocering prior to think in stopping it

Its what i plan to do.. since its not easy to wd from gabapetinoids for me aswell, and im on 300 mg and the wd its very distressing and unpleasant , years ahead when i heal enough from this benzo mess i will begin to taper it .. i know it will take some years for me until i reach a pont that im capable of stopping it

Its my op, and im just sharing it snd my own experience. Wish you well

Thanks just really confused what's right thing. I only took zop about couple times week for years and only tiny doses, then took it every night fir about 3 years but only equivilant to 1 and half tablets a week tiny dose.

The AD did help bit at first, but GP told me to just stop citalopram as made hair fall out, then start sertraline, then same thing couple  months later as that made me really depressed, so maybe keep swapping meds stuffed things up.

The St John's wort recommended for anxiety, only taking 1/3 recommended dose I'll try it for for week or so, as normally get a reaction fairly quickly. Just figure trying supplements is better than taking another med. I'm older really can't face more years taking another med then stopping it going through this crap again, also they are very anti psych meds here, AD seems to be the only thing you are offered.

What symptoms did it help. Just bit nervous having anything here. So called freedom day tomorrow when all restrictions lifted, covid cases spiralling so very nervous having any medical procedure. Can see another lockdown fast approaching our goverment clueless.

Vitamin c is very very good got your immune system so if you’re worried (understandably) about COVID it is good for your immune system,

It helped with all my symptoms. Especially SI, DP/DR, anxiety, insomnia, cognitive problems, memory problems, fatigue. It works reelly well for me.  I go once a month,  do what works for you. Xxx

Looked up no where near me that does it. Might consider if things don't improve. I've been double jabbed so hopefully would only get it mildly. How are things over there, was reading very few people been vaccinated, but think your infection rates are low. I just feel for people here with underlying health conditions, think they'll end up hibernating at home as be scared about all restrictions being lifted.

Looked up no where near me that does it. Might consider if things don't improve. I've been double jabbed so hopefully would only get it mildly. How are things over there, was reading very few people been vaccinated, but think your infection rates are low. I just feel for people here with underlying health conditions, think they'll end up hibernating at home as be scared about all restrictions being lifted.

We have low numbers here & low vaccination rates.  I think the government are being way over cautious. We can’t keep limping along like this - it takes a huge toll on self employed people & is hitting the lower payed people so hard.  It’s awful.  It’s a balance but our premier still isn’t making people wear masks outside yet construction workers aren’t allii on wee to work,  kids can still go to school yet cleaners aren’t allowed to work,.  We can exercise with one other person but you don’t have to wear a mask if you are exercising but you do at the park.  The rules need to be streamlined,  it’s just bananas.  Remember to have as positive self talk as you can.  It helps.

Does sound an over reaction when your numbers are so low. It's opposite here numbers still high but he's stopping restrictions. Think it's another lockdown by stealth, he'll blame public for mixing too much and making numbers go up. It's total mess told people they can go abroad, then suddenly change rules and say they'll have quarantine and mad panic when people try get flights home.

Finding positive talk hard, when your brain seems to be taken over by an alien at moment! Hope you shoulder improves.

So confused wondering if I'm taking the wrong thing, the GABA/ glutamate imbalance makes sense, just wasted so much money on these damn supplements. But thinking maybe the l theanine would be better seems have very few side effects as well need advice!!

Does sound an over reaction when your numbers are so low. It's opposite here numbers still high but he's stopping restrictions. Think it's another lockdown by stealth, he'll blame public for mixing too much and making numbers go up. It's total mess told people they can go abroad, then suddenly change rules and say they'll have quarantine and mad panic when people try get flights home.

Finding positive talk hard, when your brain seems to be taken over by an alien at moment! Hope you shoulder improves.

Thanks! Hope you’re doing ok

Going to try l theanine seems St John's wort could rev up the Glutamate very confusing with all these supplements. Really hot & humid here so zero sleep our houses aren't built for hot weather! Feel like zombie today .

This is so relentless just need 1 day when I feel a bit different. Can't even read success stories as just just depress me as everyone seems to have recovered quicker than me. I used to work even though I had bad insomnia but when  your symptoms are mental so much harder to battle through it. Has anyone tried any supplements, 4 days on l theanine but not noticing any improvement. 30 months no window really sucks.