Diazepam liquid taper help

[Ni...]

Hi Nicjk,

I finally wrote an update on my buddie blog! So... yes, tapering is going really well. Slowly but surely.

The reason I suggested splitting instead of weighing is because, in my opinion and experience cheap milligram scales are not accurate to the milligram. I think fine-tuning easily split tablet portions with a scale is at best a waste of time, and at worse making dosing more inaccurate; I think these are not likely a problem with diazepam though so you just do you!

It sounds like you are in the midst of a sleep recovery journey! I know just how frustrating that is. I still go through periods of insomnia, and I always find myself wondering "what was it this time?". I don't eat beef for my last meal of the day anymore because MAYBE that wakes me up in the night to urinate? Also, maybe exercising during the day causes me to wake up in the wee hours? Or any sort of screen entertainment just before bed?! Likely suspects! But really, I don't know.

When I wake up in the middle of the night, I practice getting over it. I think, "so I'm awake, so what", and while I'm not happy about it, I try to make the best of it. Recently I have a kitten that notices I'm awake and wants to come sit on my head; so I have snuggle time, kitten-relocation duty, and then eventually, minutes or hours later, I'm asleep again.

I hope you can find a gentle way to titrate off of caffeine; even if it's doesn't cure your insomnia, I think it would support your nervous system in down-regulating. Either way, you're making awesome progress! Maybe update your signature to celebrate?  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ni...]

• [sl...]

• [Li...]

Hi Slownsteady,

How are you my friend? A belated Merry Christmas to you. Did you have a good Christmas?

I read through your blog - wow you have been through so much! You are doing very well with your taper despite all the setbacks. And congratulations on the adoption of your kitty :) . Pets are an amazing comfort. I have two dogs and one of them is very attached to me. When I'm out she waits by the window for me until I return home. I allow her to cuddle on the couch with me every night. As soon as I finish dinner she stands next to the couch waiting for me to sit there so she can hop on next to me. How is kitty doing?

I completely agree that most scales are very inaccurate. It takes me forever to weigh my pills because I like to weigh them about 10 times (or more) to get an average weight. I ordered an "analytical balance" which is basically a much more accurate scale, and it arrived today. I actually ordered it for my Zyprexa taper but I might try it out with Diazepam. I will be dropping to 1.25mg in just over a week. I'm very pleased with how my taper is progressing and I'm thankful that you guided me to drop by 0.25mg instead of 0.5mg. I should be off Diazepam in March :)

I think it's very wise of you to think "I'm awake, so what" in the middle of the night when you wake up. Because when you really think about it, it's not such a huge deal. I will try and have the same attitude when I wake in the night because I do find myself getting anxious about it.

Hoping all is well with you - Nic

Hi Nicjk,

I finally wrote an update on my buddie blog! So... yes, tapering is going really well. Slowly but surely.

The reason I suggested splitting instead of weighing is because, in my opinion and experience cheap milligram scales are not accurate to the milligram. I think fine-tuning easily split tablet portions with a scale is at best a waste of time, and at worse making dosing more inaccurate; I think these are not likely a problem with diazepam though so you just do you!

It sounds like you are in the midst of a sleep recovery journey! I know just how frustrating that is. I still go through periods of insomnia, and I always find myself wondering "what was it this time?". I don't eat beef for my last meal of the day anymore because MAYBE that wakes me up in the night to urinate? Also, maybe exercising during the day causes me to wake up in the wee hours? Or any sort of screen entertainment just before bed?! Likely suspects! But really, I don't know.

When I wake up in the middle of the night, I practice getting over it. I think, "so I'm awake, so what", and while I'm not happy about it, I try to make the best of it. Recently I have a kitten that notices I'm awake and wants to come sit on my head; so I have snuggle time, kitten-relocation duty, and then eventually, minutes or hours later, I'm asleep again.

I hope you can find a gentle way to titrate off of caffeine; even if it's doesn't cure your insomnia, I think it would support your nervous system in down-regulating. Either way, you're making awesome progress! Maybe update your signature to celebrate?  :thumbsup: