Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

sleeping but not long enough

[Ta...]

Hey there,

I feel frustrated. For the last month, my sleep has improved quite a bit, but I can't seem to sleep for more than 5.5-6 hours. It doesn't matter when I go to sleep.

I used to sleep 7-8 before this. Will my sleep eventually lengthen again?

I always feel like I could use another hour.

I still have to get up and pee several times no matter how little or much I drink before bed.

Just wondering if this is a normal stage in recovery or if I am just getting old. (I'm in my early 40s).

My other symptoms have been fading off so that now I very little muscle tension in the evenings. My anxiety comes and goes in waves that last a few hours. Anxiety is never truly gone yet, but sometimes almost. I still worry about my white tongue (more so when I am in a wave of anxiety).

-Tanya

I also have the same issue, no matter what time I go to bed I wake between 3-4 in morning.  I am getting apx 6hrs but the mornings are when my brain wants to throw all those neg. thoughts my way.  Hopefully there will be somebody here who can give us both an answer.  This is my 9th day off Ativan.

Kay58

Hey Kay58,

I did get a reply on another forum, and he said that it's normal. Eventually his sleep returned to it's normal length and he sometimes even sleeps as long as 9-10 hours. I sure do look forward to that!

I'd love to spend a whole day sleeping and wake up refreshed.

I did purchase an interesting audio book on sleep today. I've listened to about 2/3 of it so far, and it has some good information about 'normal' sleep;

"Healthy Sleep" Rubin Naiman and Andrew Weil.

I'd been listening to another audio book by Rubin Naiman for the past 3 months and find it helps me get back to sleep when I listen to it with my ear buds, "To Sleep Tonight".

Hope you get some more sleep soon!

-Tanya