Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Perception issues disoriented and dizzy please help

[Lo...]

Hi everyone I’m at a point where I don’t know how to go on. I’ve searched and searched and i feel My symptoms are not classic Benzo symptoms. I’m finding it so hard to get re assurance as I just want to know others have experienced these symptoms too and that I’m not going crazy.

I’m finding it hard to describe but this is my best effort of explaining it.

The direction of the road/roads  or angle of the road is off and unfamiliar. I cant pin point  what it is is exactly but it feels  foreign and off centre which causes  spinning in my head almost, not actually spinning but causes severe confusion and a burning brain and makes me feel like my whole world is angled as are all the surrounding streets it throws off my sense of centre . the whole street feels unfamiliar and angled wrong.

I know I've driven it before the landmarks are the same but I feel Dizzy and disoriented like it's angled differently and it feels very different.

I then can't comprehend it I try but I can't make it familiar in my head I can't make it feel normal.

I try to map it out in my head but my brain can't and it's like it just burns out.

Everything feels off then all the roads around me feels off and angled which is the worst part and I start feeling like internal  vertigo and get very disoriented.

Like I would consider a road to feel straight normally or not think much of It weather it's straight or not  I would feel normal but now it doesn't feel

Normal it feel angled incorrectly and I can't concentrate and  make it straight / normal like It use to when  I use to drive before  I experienced this .

Then when I get back home after all the roads leading  home felt off and angled incorrectly I  start obsessing about my house and I can't get a sense of centre and Balance.

I feel like my house is angled and I just can't comprehend it, it causes me so much confusion and disorientation and almost Like a falling feeling.

I also get a similar feeling when going into a different room in my House and changing direction

Like my brain freaks out with different directions I'm facing. Walls and straight things feel angled I have to completely distract myself 24/7 and it's so exhausting it's like I'm always fighting it and I can't get any peace.

Some times very rare when I'm able to totally let go and forget I noticed that I haven't thought about it, I didn't notice the symptoms for a short time but this doesn't last long.

Back to when I'm driving It's like my brain is mapping out my surroundings when I'm riding in a car  but my brain can't handle it.

I loose my sense of centre and  everything appears off centre. I'm able to ignore it to some extent when I've reached my destination and I'm not looking at the roads but as soon as I'm back on the road it's there again. Confusion And  disorientation which causes severe panic for days /weeks.

I freak out of the thought of my surroundings my stomach drops and I feel disoriented.

[a1...]
To me it sounds like derealization (DR).  I felt much like I was in a different plane for a while.