Decaf black tea

[Wa...]

Does anyone have issues drinking decaf black tea? I have been in a wave at night with anxiety for a few nights and trying to pinpoint the cause. Was doing ok up until then.

[65...]
There is no reason, you are in wd.  That’s a rabbit hole you are chasing.  Eat healthy, avoid alcohol.  We have sx no matter what we do.

Black tea has caffeine even if it says decaf not all caffeine is eliminated.  I wouldn't take anything that is stimulating.

I'm not sure what it is about tea, but I cannot drink any of it. Not decaf, not green tea, not chamomile,  none of it. It revs up my withdrawal symptoms. That's just me though. Everyone is different.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone have issues drinking decaf black tea? I have been in a wave at night with anxiety for a few nights and trying to pinpoint the cause. Was doing ok up until then.

It’s not the small amount of trace caffeine- decaffeinated products are usually decaffeinated with neurotoxic chemicals (one of them is methyl chloride). So many people have reactions to decaf coffee and tea on here and think it’s the caffeine. Would Chocolate throw you in a wave? Because there’s caffeine in chocolate. Check out decaffeinated drinks that use the Swiss water process to remove caffeine. It only uses hot water, no neurotoxic chemicals.

Herbal teas don't (usually) have caffeine. I drank mainly mint tea, camomille, and ginger teas on my taper as I wanted to avoid caffeine. I tried a bunch more. Some I liked more than others. There are seemingly dozens to choose from -- rooibos, hibiscus, lemon balm. Now I drink chai as I can tolerate some caffeine.

Best,

Katz