Johnson and Johson Vaccine

[ba...]

Hubby got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine this morning. No issues so far.  3 days of symptoms, and 2 weeks to immunity  according to the data. Will keep everyone informed as he progresses. 

Typical warnings as with all vaccines.

Short info sheet on the vaccine. Not near as much info as with the other 2 vaccines, this one is brand new. Tims will tell as it is more widely used.

https://www.janssencovid19vaccine.com/

Is your husband also in benzo wd?

I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine this morning,  I had a reaction from the injection (increased heart rate, blurred vision, clenched jaw, heavy arms back) but it passed.  Now feeling flu like sick, nausea just set in..

I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine this morning,  I had a reaction from the injection (increased heart rate, blurred vision, clenched jaw, heavy arms back) but it passed.  Now feeling flu like sick, nausea just set in..

Hi.  Good for you, getting the Vaccine!  I had asked if your symptoms may have been just anxiety itself, and then saw your posting under other Covid Vaccine topic.  Sounds like you're in touch with all possibilities and glad you did it  :thumbsup:

As of today, groggy and headache is worse. Not as exhausted. I suffer debilitating migraines, and always have a headache anyway, so that is just being in this body. I am not as wiped out as yesterday, but still pretty tired. My temperature is up from it's usual  96.8 to 97.4, no issue there.

Wd remains typical. Awful  :laugh:

Seasalt, I read your different posts. Commented on one of them. So sorry. You know the drill: calm, rest, hydrate, find some pleasure. I did watch some documentaries on nature, that was a good distraction while I was so wiped out, nothing that required much of a brain and was enjoyable. 

Keep us updated. :smitten:

As of today, groggy and headache is worse. Not as exhausted. I suffer debilitating migraines, and always have a headache anyway, so that is just being in this body. I am not as wiped out as yesterday, but still pretty tired. My temperature is up from it's usual  96.8 to 97.4, no issue there.

Wd remains typical. Awful  :laugh:

Seasalt, I read your different posts. Commented on one of them. So sorry. You know the drill: calm, rest, hydrate, find some pleasure. I did watch some documentaries on nature, that was a good distraction while I was so wiped out, nothing that required much of a brain and was enjoyable. 

Keep us updated. :smitten:

baddove, I am going to hijack thread just for a minute.  I have had chronic migraines for a long time.

I finally tried two of the new migraine meds, Ubrelvy and Nurtec.  They are like miracle drugs to me.

I am taking Ubrelvy, but my Dr gave me samples of both.    I have been taking them about 6 months now and told my Dr last time I saw her, they would have changed my life so much, I love them.  So she gave me more samples.  :laugh:  I took sumatriptan forever, it helped some times and sometimes, it didn't.  I rarely have a migraine more than a couple hours if that, and I am having a few less a month too.  I just wanted to tell you, I know how miserable they are.  Let me know if you try one.  Mary  :)

Hi Seasalt!

Good for you for getting the vaccine even though you had so much fear. That is really brave! I read your other posts about the vaccine. I'm very nervous to get it (opted for J&J) because I am not good with needles at all and also tend to react to lots of things (peanuts, LOTS of foods, medicines, etc.). I am going to bring my Epi-pen just in case. Do you have any advice on how to stay as calm as possible when getting it despite being scared? I definitely agree with your pro/con decision - I'm trying to tell myself that having the vaccine will provide more safety and even if I feel bad for a few days, it is worth it, but I'm very very nervous.

Hope you feel better later today!

Mary,

I am looking it up. Sumatriptan, maxalt, and all the rest are triptans. (What I have used for 48 years, and they don't always work) They are serotonin aganists, which is very nasty. I looked up your class of drugs, they are CGRP receptor antagonists.  Doing study on side affects.

Sent my pdoc a message about it. Will update you as I get a response.

For the last several years, I have been getting my neck needled to stop the migraines once they "blow," That is, they go on more than 3 days and move into my face as well as temples. It is very effective, and not a drug. Needling is not acupuncture.

Thanks for the info.

Goldendood,

I had anxiety so bad I can’t describe it.  I think it led to a flare with my thyroid. I think once I made up my mind when I left this morning I realized it was now out of my control and I let it go.  I also said a prayer, and left it to god.  I warned the person giving the shot I was high risk.  He assured me they had the pen and rescue services right there.  I felt much better.  The shot did not hurt at all (do not look at it or watch).  I honestly think you will be fine.  All these places have the Epipen.  Let the fear go.

Feeling tired and nauseous and a bit anxious but doing great.  You got this!

seasalt, such wise words about letting the fear go, I can work myself up about things and I've been recovered for a long time.  I anticipate the worst and 9.9999 times out of 10 I've gotten myself worked up over nothing, when will I ever learn?  :idiot:

I think sometimes we take these difficult journeys for a reason.  Fear has been an obstacle for me.  I realize I am stronger than I thought as are many here!!

[14...]

I think sometimes we take these difficult journeys for a reason.  Fear has been an obstacle for me.  I realize I am stronger than I thought as are many here!!

Seasalt52, this is a great message.  If I have learned nothing else this last year, it is that I am stronger that I ever thought!!    :smitten:

Day 6 post shot:

I want to go back to bed (lol)

Got enough energy to go to the gym and store and errands yesterday, it wiped me out.

It feels like I have a cold, tired, achy, face hurts, snotty. That tells me the antibodies are forming. No fever, I check daily.

I was warned that I AM NOT IMMUNE until the 12 days, to stay on protocol, and I am.

It is all tolerable, and not messing with my benzo's.

My only complaint is that I can't nap periodically through the day as much as I want, and that is the fault of the benzo, not the vaccine.

If I lay down and fall asleep, I get toxic wake up, and it takes a good 30-45 minutes to come out of it. Have napped a few times anyway, I could not keep my head up. I think many of you experience this phenomena, it seems pretty common.