Important Survey - Please Participate ×

anyone read this? detox doctor

[De...]

Anyone read this? This guy has had success with using tegretol in his detox facility and although he recommends tapering quickly, he understands slow tapers may be needed and adjunct phone support or other kinds of support are needed after detox. Dr. Ashton herself even said a slow taper may not be the most beneficial. Thoughts?

http://www.benzoliberty.com/information/xanaxwd.php

I used to think the horrendous side effects of drugs I read or heard about couldn't happen to me, but after living through this, I don't believe it anymore, it can happen to me.  When I see something like this, I can't imagine how bad benzo withdrawal with this on top of it would feel like.  Time, trust in time to do the job, drugs are what got us here in the first place.

The major complications with Tegretol are neurotoxic effects when

blood level will be generally too high, or above the level of 10 mcg/L,

or due to an accumulation of its first order epoxide metabolite.

These complications of neurotoxicity present themselves as nauseousness and vomiting,

significant sedation, dizziness and dyscoordination.

Also frequently reported is a sense of significant gastric retention with delayed gastric emptying.

Although the side effects of Tegretol can be successfully treated with Reglan, Tigan and/or Antivert,

it is far better to slowly titrate the dose and avoid developing these side effects.

The presense of them can be ascertained to

represent blood levels that are unacceptably high and

to slow the rate of increasing of the Tegretol dosage.

There is a small percentage of the population of people who

simply do not tolerate Tegretol because of the GI side effects.

I hope you don't mind me adding this Pam. It kind of ties up what you said and shows the drug loop.

Benzodiazipine side effects are apparently being treated by some with Tegretol. Tegretol side effects can apparently be "successfully" treated with Reglan.

Reglan is being sued for side effects. It's just one big bad "side effects" circle. As you said, drugs are what got us here in the first place. Weighed in favour of 4 plaintiffs and settled the 5th out of court. Tardive dyskinsia.

[nobbc]http://www.lawyershop.com/practice-areas/personal-injury/dangerous-drugs/other-defective-drugs/reglan/settlements[/nobbc]

Edit: deactivate link to commercial site per FUM