ACID REFLUX/GERD and CONSTIPATION

[9d...]

[2b...]

Been reading re aloe and Calm mag.

I suffer very bad acid. When reducing diaz all my insides my back were fekt so inflammed all day horrific. Ppis did nothing. Switchrd back to clon eased but now other issues still happening. I am severely constipated despite my usual laxatives. Benzos sleepers a d.s all stop bowels from working properly. I will try aloe again and Calm Mag.

I have upper stomach spasms and just pain in abdomen.  I have a hard time eating and the morning diarrhea.  Is there anything that may help this?

I see you're already med free so this may be not be helpful but either way here goes. At the start of my taper I also had a few weeks of stomach cramps and difficulty eating. I didn't have diarrhoea though. I then forced myself to eat oatmeal and rice - that's all I ate for a couple of weeks (and maybe some veggies). It settled the stomach cramps.  I'm fine now and eating normal again.

Good luck. Hoping you get something that works soon.

I am having a severe wave of gastritis. I brought this up somewhere else, and got the advice to use aloe Vera juice, I have used 2 doses. (one last night, and 1 this morning) Pdoc wanted me to take a PPI, I said no, so I am on Famotidine. The pharmacist said I should see some relief in 3 days, that's tommorrow.I just took my 4th dose this morning.

I have not gone in for a scope or test, at what point does one do that? I really don't want to, I just want this to calm down.

I started both Friday evening, and my stomach is even bigger today, and I remain constipated, the burning still persists, but not as severe.

The way my belly has exploded is scaring me. When I woke up this morning it was so big I had to dig out maternity shorts.

Do I just need more time with the aloe juice (got the good kind) and the famotide?

Other suggestions?

In my experience, badddove, the aloe juice definitely helped the distress in my gut i.e. the burning, but it didn't do anything for my constipation. I had to address that separately.

If it were me, I would take EITHER the famotidine or the aloe juice, not both. Taking both will only mean that, if you get relief, you will not know which helped you. I understand you are in a world of distress but sometimes it's best not to throw the kitchen sink at the problem.  :-\

When I was constipated (too high a dose of neurontin) my doc suggested I buy a 1.50 cent bottle of Citrate (magnesium citrate) from the pharmacy and drink half of it. That definitely worked.

I understand that you don't want to be scoped, but it's a simple, painless procedure. Getting an endoscopy helped me immensely as it revealed that I had an ulcer that needed treatment, definite gastritis, and ruled out the presence of H. Pylori, a bacterial infection that needs treatment but that I didn't have. Scoping might bring you some peace of mind as well as establishing a baseline for treatment, and you could proceed from there. You ask at what point do you submit to an endoscopy? imo when you are in pain or gastric distress. And you seem to be. Just my opinion . . . but  I would get your doc on board with this.

Wishing you the best, baddove. I know how miserable stomach problems can be.

Hugs and  :smitten:

Katz 

badddove, I had the bloating, constipation can make it worse. It's gas buildup. Generic simethicone will break down and move that gas. I very rarely get constipated, but the bloating is a constant problem. I take simethicone after dinner, and as needed. I buy the cherry creme chewable extra strength. Bloating is common with benzo belly. I see oregonkatz addressed your other concerns.

Simethicone is great for breaking up gas. I had a ton of it (gas) during my taper when my gut was so messed up. I've continued my simethicone use because . . . why not?. As BL suggests, one tab with dinner. It's very helpful.

Katz

Will get smithecone and take it tonight. Thanks guys.

Take two for your first dose, you can chew 1 or 2 tablets, just don't exceed 4 a day without consulting a doctor. Two will work better to get that bloat down, and simethicone is not absorbed into your body, so it won't affect W/D.

Thanks guys. the aloe vera juice and famotidine have done nothing in 2 days. Also, I can't feel my xanax. I am so bloated it is unreal. No bowel activity in a few days, I am usually regular.  Going to take 2 simethicone tonight, I hope that gets things moving. This is scaring me.

The burning is gone, so I correct myself, something did address that.

I am just outrageously bloated, it has been building up for at least a week. No activity down there.

I am watching my 5 and 7 year old grandsons for the week, what awful timing. I can't take them anywhere. Hubby took off work to care for them. I can do baths, reading, etc, but cant go anywhere.

I don't want to take the other meds anymore, because one or both are inhibiting my ability to feel the xanax.

Thanks for all the input. Seriously. I hope this works.

Hey all,

I am also having some gut issues I guess and I saw some people recommended aloe vera juice on this thread.

Have you guys already used aloe vera leaf juice from Nature's Way? It's the one I bought based on the iHerb reviews, I wonder if it's good, I am still in the third day and didn't notice any improvement I think.

I kinda envy you guys that use famotidine... I am at Zoloft and it seems that I can't take famotidine due to a possibly dangerous interaction. Bummer.

I hope I find a solution in more natural options though.

First, the good news. The gas x got things moving (slowly) and no interference with my xanax. Will continue taking it at bedtime.

I wont take famotidine  again. It did not help. And either it or Aloe Vera juice interfered with my xanax (that was awful)  I'm going with famotidine as the culprit, in my case.

I am exhausted. Still have a ways to go, but at last something started to get my in intenstines moving (that's where the bloat and stuck" is according to my pharmacist.

• 4 weeks later...
[2b...]
Reading here....what helped with severe burning acid for you.? I got to 2mg diaz and all inside my back eating inflamed all day sooo bad burning.ppis gaviscon did nothing. Gp put me back on 0.5 clon. It eased a bit. But still gets bad.

Aloe juice helped/helps a lot with burning, acidy gut. I order mine from Amazon. But you could try out a bottle before you buy a case. I believe most any health food store or upscale grocery will have it. My local Market of Choice sells individual bottles.

Hope this helps,

Katz