Mast Cell Activation

[Aj...]

Thanks!

Same. No changes at all.

I cant imagine, well maybe a bit.. :( It all gets terribly old...

Hey, was wondering.. -Iv had some new probs the last week that might?? sorta blend with histamine and this stuff, but not the actual syndrome itself.. How do you feel about me posting some stuff here for thoughts and discussion, as opposed to yet another hist. thread..??

Its probs more the -Meds, -GI, -Auto Immune, Neuropathy etc. pathway possibility (not really sure??)..

let me know, its easy enough to start another thread, but this one might be past the initial “teething complaints” -if thats a way to put it..

All I know is things went BAD for me, and the standard treatment made things worse, but one H1 blocker drops away near all my long term issues in a bandaid type fashion..

Just what I have been learning in the last week has allowed me to hold my own ground with the Drs, though its been a battle, and my good Dr is now onboard with involving an Immunologist...

The H1 blocker might even allow me to actually get there, which has been the biggest problem for far too long.. Obviously I worry about creating further problems “self medicating” too..

God give us strength..

:)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [Ca...]

• [Ma...]

• [Tr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

This post comes from someone who has been having some GI issues lately, Me, so I mentioned to my GP about testing me for Mast cell disorder and he said “What...I have never heard of it.”  He is of Chinese descent and also told me in a previous appointment that benzos are not given in China!  He said my latest GI issues were related to a bad reaction to the 1st and 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Both of his nurses had similar three day reactions to the Pfizer, so not unusual.  Had not been having GI issues lately, but did have them early on in acute, and do have a past history of IBS.  My post does not in any way address all the scientific points raised, but just wanted to throw it out there that some of us recovering BBs do get alarmed when discussions come up regarding other possible illnesses that have not been found or diagnosed.  With my awful head symptoms I have diagnosed myself with brain tumors, aneurisms, and brain bleeds.  A multitude of MRI’s have shown a healthy brain of a “spring chicken” 73 year old!  All blood tests normal, so doctor does not think it necessary to test for other diseases at this point.  My heart aches for all those having many other debilitating diseases...it truly does!  And, I respect all the interesting and sometimes contradictory information shared on this thread.  The many medical mysteries out there are scary and fascinating at the same time!!! 

This post comes from someone who has been having some GI issues lately, Me, so I mentioned to my GP about testing me for Mast cell disorder and he said “What...I have never heard of it.”  He is of Chinese descent and also told me in a previous appointment that benzos are not given in China!  He said my latest GI issues were related to a bad reaction to the 1st and 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Both of his nurses had similar three day reactions to the Pfizer, so not unusual.  Had not been having GI issues lately, but did have them early on in acute, and do have a past history of IBS.  My post does not in any way address all the scientific points raised, but just wanted to throw it out there that some of us recovering BBs do get alarmed when discussions come up regarding other possible illnesses that have not been found or diagnosed.  With my awful head symptoms I have diagnosed myself with brain tumors, aneurisms, and brain bleeds.  A multitude of MRI’s have shown a healthy brain of a “spring chicken” 73 year old!  All blood tests normal, so doctor does not think it necessary to test for other diseases at this point.  My heart aches for all those having many other debilitating diseases...it truly does!  And, I respect all the interesting and sometimes contradictory information shared on this thread.  The many medical mysteries out there are scary and fascinating at the same time!!!

Its good your developing the concept of difference.. -Very handy on the internet, esp. a forum as diverse as this even within its commonality of benzodiazepines...

My guess would be you dont have much to worry about here (or SIBO from your other thread), but if you find you relate then maybe some info is here.. If you recognise that you worry too much, then that can be used to know you need to be selective with reading topic, for the moment at least..

Sometimes reading things can ease worry by ruling out the likely hood of a concern..

:)

Too ill and late here Can’t.

Will try to remember to come back tomorrow.

Of course you can post here.

I have no probs with ppl posting what they want to.

Too ill and late here Can’t.

Will try to remember to come back tomorrow.

Of course you can post here.

I have no probs with ppl posting what they want to.

Ta.. Dont even worry about it if not totally up to it..

Feel better..

Another explanation for ppl who have sensitivities is Multiple Chemical Sensorivities.

Interesting it is thought these are driven by NMDA (glutamate) receptor sensitivity and/or kindling:

‘Professor Martin L. Pall proposed that MCS had a toxicological and biochemical cause, and that "seven individual chemicals or chemical classes—organophosphorus/carbamate, organochloride and pyrethroid pesticides, organic solvents, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide and mercury/mercurial compounds—could initiate MCS through their ability to increase N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor activity."[4][95]

Pall hypothesized that overactivity of the NMDA receptors, coupled with stress-related increases in nitric oxide and the oxidative product peroxynitrite (known as the NO/ONOO cycle) caused MCS symptoms and worsened the condition.[23][96] He suggested that hypersensitivity occurred because of limbic kindling, neural sensitization, and/or neurogenic inflammation—processes which could be driven by the NO/ONOO cycle.[95]

A 2019 scientific review said that while further research was required to confirm Pall's theory, that his hypothesis "had found broad consensus in the scientific community” and was compatible with previous hypotheses,[92] including Dr. Iris Bell's theory of neuronal sensitization[97][98] and William Meggs’ theory of neurogenic inflammation.[99]

It also said that Pall's theory may explain the comorbidity of MCS and other pathologies hypothesized to be related to the same mechanism, including fibromyalgia (FM) and ME/CFS, and that it might be why MCS symptoms tend to lessen after exposure to inhibitors and/or antagonists of NMDA receptors.[92]The review also said that "pesticides, including herbicides, insecticides and agricultural chemicals, are among the substances most commonly implicated in the activation of MCS cases in the United States."[100]

Pall's theory has also been used to explain why Gulf War veterans, particularly those who were exposed to organophosphate pesticides, have been found to be more likely to have MCS than the general population[101][23] as well as the fact that chemical sensitivities are a known symptom reported in Gulf war syndrome or post-deployment syndrome.[102][103][104‘

https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Multiple_chemical_sensitivity