Sleep advice

[jl...]

My first post here, I thought I would give my 2 cents.  As far as sleep in concerned, yes rigorous exercise does help with anxiety some and might help sleep but don't do it in the evening or late afternoon.  For most people it gets your endorphins going and this can key you up making it hard to sleep.  Must be done early in the day.  Also I noticed for sleep Valerian Root has helped me some, Magnesium is suppose to help but not sure how much it helps me, it seems to help me some??  Benadryl helps some for sleep and anxiety but it is not a miracle drug,  Also prescription drug Promethazine helps with sleep also, it is a strong antihistamine and antiemetic good for stomach issues and pain and anxiety.  If you are having trouble sleeping it might be a good idea to try Promethazine once every few days to help sleep.  But I would not use it daily or not even every other day, but if you are going 2 or 3 nights with hardly no sleep I would try it to help get a decent nights sleep.  I take one about every 4th night to get a decent nights sleep and I notice the next day I do not have anxiety either.  I only need half a tablet too. (1/2 of 25 mg tablet)  Also cutting down the lights in your house making it dark about 2 to 3 hours before bedtime is suppose to help some.  Stopping  all caffeine is important or at least cut way back and only drink in the morning. 

I will be posting soon about all my withdrawal issues and what xanax has done to me, on top of living with fibromyalgia  I would like to mention one issue is I have zero support from anybody.  Family does not care at all no support whatsoever, I do not have any real friends I had 2 good friends but they died.  I just have a few people that are somewhat friends but they offer no support at all, they have their own problems.  I need someone with experience on withdrawal to help answer my questions and support.  I promise to God when I get past my xanax addiction I will spend the rest of my life preaching against all drugs especially benzos. 

• 1 month later...