Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is it possible cinolazepam (Gerodorm) cause me anxiety?

[an...]

Hello!

I have been taking Cinolazepam (Gerodorm 40mg) for about 9-10 months. I suffered from insomnia and it seems this drug solved my problem.

All this time I began to feel very anxious during the day. I have an irrational fear of my neighbors, a fear of my job, and many other things. I'm constantly in a bad mood during the day, only in the evening after taking cinolazepam do I feel a bit better.

The reason: About 9 months ago, I had bad experiences after a hassle between neighbors and I got anxious. I had some bad days in the work at this time. Then I started taking SSRI antidepressant (Paroxetine or Seroxat.. same thing), which caused insomnia. This is the reason I started taking Cinolazepam. After 2 months I stopped Paroxetine.

I take one tablet  of cinolazepam (Gerodorm 40mg) at evening. I divide it into two parts - half tablet before meals (about 9:00PM) and half 30 minutes before bedtime (about 11:00PM). This drug does not work for me if I take it after dinner (it should be take at least 2-3 hours after the last meal)!

It is important to say that I drink 2 beers in the evening. I know these drugs are incompatible with alcohol, but this is one of my bad habits :(

Is it possible that taking benzodiazepines for so long is a cause for my anxiety?