Benzogirl to drug free to Betsy

[be...]

That's a well written inspirational story, Betsy. I'm happy for you, congratulations  :)

Indeed, not only men do that, woman do that do. Men can be horrible, woman too. Humans can be horrible  ;)

Can I ask you a question? What were your psychotic symptoms? I was always afraid of going psychotic, but I never was. If you tell me, I can make myself a little calmer by saying 'oh good, I never had that.' It makes me less afraid to withdraw the Seroquel, which I'm going to do in about a month. Was it hard withdrawing Seroquel? Did you feel much better after dropping that? I'm going to taper it, because I think I can function again if I do that.

I hope you have happy life and meet a great new guy!

Yes. Lack of any sleep for about 8 months about set me off a cliff. My doctor always believed that people doing a benzo taper must get a good eight hours every night. Easier said than done.  Impossible for so many. I recall being in his office one day. I couldn’t drive back then. I paced and paced and cried a lot. I also remember not understanding what he was talking about and had my own version of reality. It was not the real reality. He knew then I had to get sleep 💤.  The very first night on my adjunct meds I slept for 10 hours. I was back in the reality game. Those were the very worst days on my being on benzos and was even more determined to get off them. He said I was a very stubborn woman and that worked in my favor. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Be...]

• [Ma...]

• [he...]

Good job!!

Excellent Post!

Bads so after all this time you have yet to become an administrator? Lol 😂 I’m sure they prefer you as one of the worker bees.❤️❤️. Not a job I’d care to have even if I got paid. Certainly not for the faint of heart.

Betsy, what kind of nurse will you be, an RN or LPN?  What type of nursing will you want to be doing?

LPN. But rather than work in a hospital or medical practice I’m working with care giver companies and do wellness checks and things like taking blood pressure and giving injections of insulin. This way I can set my own hours as I don’t want to work a full schedule. I need time to have some fun and not get stressed out, I’m done with that. This benzo crap was more than enough stress to last a lifetime. How is your kitty?

Betsy, my sister is an LPN and is a home care nurse.  She's been caring for a woman on a ventilator now in her home for years now.  Lily is fine.  She's getting older, but is my best friend for sure since I'm housebound everyday.  I get upset knowing that some people heal from the benzo's and other drug damage and some don't.  I'm not healing at all and getting worse every day.  It sucks!

I’m so sorry Becky. You’ve been sick for a very long time. It seems never ending. I’m glad you have lily and she’s doing well. That must be of some comfort to you. I think of  you often and hope for the best, truly it’s terrible. :'(

Hey Betsy,

Thanks so much for writing your story, these are what kept me going when I was at my worst.  Its wonderful to hear how well you're doing, I'm so glad you've recovered, it's wonderful isn't it?  If we could take the feeling recovery gives us and bottle it no one would ever need to reach for a stupid pill.

Thank you again, it's good to see you.  :smitten:

Pamster

Betsy:  How wonderful to read your success story.  I remember all of us being on the now 'old' KK club which seems like eons ago.  I will also never forget how you helped me with my taper and giving me the rate for my micro taper along with Clona 21.

I am beyond happy for you.  So terrific to hear how well you are doing.  And your jokes did make me laugh!!  Stay safe in these crazy times and wow - I am so impressed you are back in school and training to be a nurse. 

Of course the one thing you left out of your success story is how  your fur babies doing.  They are the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen.

Best of luck to you.  Kgirl

Kgirl

I forgot to tell you my fur baby story that happened today, I decided to take a hot bath instead of my daily shower. I have glass sliding doors which were open because I live alone. My fur baby Morgan has always loved water. He came in and started lapping up the bath water. I found it amusing until he took a leap into the tub and landed on my chest. He got soaked but so did I. 😂😂

Hey Betsy,

Thanks so much for writing your story, these are what kept me going when I was at my worst.  Its wonderful to hear how well you're doing, I'm so glad you've recovered, it's wonderful isn't it?  If we could take the feeling recovery gives us and bottle it no one would ever need to reach for a stupid pill.

Thank you again, it's good to see you.  :smitten:

Pamster

You’ve been a busy bee with all your posts. It’s nice to see you’ve been promoted to an admin. I should have read more success stories like you as they would have brought me comfort. I’m reading them now. Thanks for stopping by,  :smitten:

thanks so much for your story benzogirl! i woke up this morning after sleeping most of the night and then to see this was an extra treat!! congratulations and best of luck on becoming a nurse. i am a nurse and my career has helped me through so many hard things, including getting off klonopin. i have not missed a day of work, i don't know what i do if i didn't have my job. many thanks again...

Recovering

Thanks, I agree I would have gone crazy without a job. It’s such an excellent distraction. :)

Betsy:  How wonderful to read your success story.  I remember all of us being on the now 'old' KK club which seems like eons ago.  I will also never forget how you helped me with my taper and giving me the rate for my micro taper along with Clona 21.

I am beyond happy for you.  So terrific to hear how well you are doing.  And your jokes did make me laugh!!  Stay safe in these crazy times and wow - I am so impressed you are back in school and training to be a nurse. 

Of course the one thing you left out of your success story is how  your fur babies doing.  They are the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen.

Best of luck to you.  Kgirl

Kgirl

I forgot to tell you my fur baby story that happened today, I decided to take a hot bath instead of my daily shower. I have glass sliding doors which were open because I live alone. My fur baby Morgan has always loved water. He came in and started lapping up the bath water. I found it amusing until he took a leap into the tub and landed on my chest. He got soaked but so did I. 😂😂

Too funny! 

Thanks for posting, Betsy.  You are a very positive person.  It is great that you took the time to write this. Perhaps some day you will use you journalism skills to write a memoir about your courageous journey off benzos.  Good luck with your career.  We need nurses.  Nurse practitioners can do a lot, even help people manage a benzo taper.  I was seeing a psych nurse practitioner towards the end of my taper.  Your possibilities are endless. You will have special insight into the needs of people.  If you haven't found the benzodiazepine Information Coalition online, you may wish to check this out.  It is run by a medical doctor, Christy Huff, a cardiologist, who was harmed by benzos. She is now one year benzo free and continues to improve.  Many medical professionals participate in this group.  They are ;making a special movie available on July 11, Word Benzodiazepine Awareness Day.  Good luck for a bright future!

Congratulations B Girl!!

We were in a similar 'graduation' group 😊

Happy to see you made it ! We all do eventually , even tho so often it feels impossible

Love, miyu  :smitten:

Thanks for posting, Betsy.  You are a very positive person.  It is great that you took the time to write this. Perhaps some day you will use you journalism skills to write a memoir about your courageous journey off benzos.  Good luck with your career.  We need nurses.  Nurse practitioners can do a lot, even help people manage a benzo taper.  I was seeing a psych nurse practitioner towards the end of my taper.  Your possibilities are endless. You will have special insight into the needs of people.  If you haven't found the benzodiazepine Information Coalition online, you may wish to check this out.  It is run by a medical doctor, Christy Huff, a cardiologist, who was harmed by benzos. She is now one year benzo free and continues to improve.  Many medical professionals participate in this group.  They are ;making a special movie available on July 11, Word Benzodiazepine Awareness Day.  Good luck for a bright future!

Hey Marylin

This old lady has been on this site forever. So I know all about BIC. But you’re right. Already companies are trying to woo me into joining them. I picked the one who is partially paying for my nursing degree. I have a very amusing blog I wrote a long time ago. The team will know how to find it. It’s actually very funny because all the stories are true .  :) You might want to check it out. If at the moment you feel funny. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, both of you. Each day I feel better and my sleep is getting better which comes as a relief as I can’t stand insomnia. I think it’s one of the worst symptoms out there but then again they all stink. :smitten::) I’m now getting about a good six hours a night and some days even 7 or 8! I’m working a lot and am really enjoying it. There were some days when I felt useless and lazy. My new health provider suggested I take zyprexa for sleep and I nearly strangled her.

Betsy  :D.  Great post and Congratulations .🍾🎉

I am so glad you came back to do that Success Story  :)

We all missed you and hoped you were well.

Thank you.  Hoping you stay with us awhile.

Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

❤️❤️❤️ I will stop by now and again. This site literally saved my life. And poor Morgan my dog injured his shoulder so any free time I am at the vets doing PT, $7,000 so far and counting, we’ll do anything for our loved ones.

❤️❤️❤️ I will stop by now and again. This site literally saved my life. And poor Morgan my dog injured his shoulder so any free time I am at the vets doing PT, $7,000 so far and counting, we’ll do anything for our loved ones.

Oh Betsy, that sucks.    For both of you.  But I would spend the money too, they are family.  🐕🐾🐾🐾

Congratulations! I remember you very well! I'm still tapering but incredibly happy to see a success story from one of the "oldies!"  Hope to be there one day soon.

Wishing you much health, healing and happiness in your Benzo free life! So incredibly happy for you!

Fondly,

Lori

Congratulations benzogirl. It's is so good to see you on this page. I wish you nothing but the best and for your dogs too. I never forget your help in what to do with my dog that was a finicky eater, she still is.  Lots of love. Saraa  :thumbsup:  :smitten: