Psych meds discussion

[Ju...]

Actually Pianogirl, it was my medical doctor's opinion. She's the one that said she does not agree with psychiatric meds and thinks CBT is the safer option. And benzos ARE a psychiatric drug as well. So you're spreading word that psych meds like benzos and AD's are ok, and that my medical doctor is wrong, just because of those who take them?

Actually Pianogirl, it was my medical doctor's opinion. She's the one that said she does not agree with psychiatric meds and thinks CBT is the safer option. And benzos ARE a psychiatric drug as well. So you're spreading word that psych meds like benzos and AD's are ok, and that my medical doctor is wrong, just because of those who take them?

I'm not spreading the word that psychiatric medicines are OK for everyone. What I am doing is pointing out forum policy. I quoted above from our rules and guidelines, which by the way, I did not formulate. These were developed years ago when the forum started up. 

What I do know is from personal experience, some people who did take AD's for certain circumstances.  Do I think personally that they could deal with their situation without drugs? I can't speak to that because I didn't walk in their shoes. I was not diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I did not suffer the same traumas.

You are welcome to cite scientific information about the efficacy of lack of efficacy of medications. 

What is disallowed is simply making a blanket statement that all psychiatric medications are bad.

pianogirl

That's not what I'm saying, yes there's tons of psychiatric medicines that help people. Otherwise they wouldn't make them and people would not take them. What I'm trying to say is that they are all bad for you, like bad for your physical health. That's what my medical doctor told me. She said they have side effects like liver problems and losing hair and skin problems and diet problems and the list goes on. All of them, every single one of them. That's just what she said. I'm not a doctor I'm just telling people what my doctor said. And if you look at the prescription package, they say the same thing. There's tons of science out there saying that they cause problems. So I don't know why I wouldn't share what my doctor had to say as well. Maybe benzo buddies needs to change their policy on what is allowed. There's a lot of people that need to contact each other as well but they can't. And there's a lot of people that want to talk about substance abuse but they can't. Maybe a new format and look for the web page is due. Maybe we need some kind of chat room or instant messaging or something. There's all kinds of things that could be done. But whatever, it's better than nothing.