A Pep Talk from East

[ea...]

Bazil I agree that in person groups would be great. I looked and there is nothing in my area. Sadly sometimes "in person " is hard when in WD bc of the social anxiety that seems to be there for a bit.

When this is over, maybe that is some thing I would like to start and facilitate in my area. I've thought about it..like literally how i would make it happen to let people know it exists etc.

But how would it be funded? Like even to have a place to meet etc...maybe in churches like AA does sometimes...is there even grant money for stuff like this?

If/when I figure it out Ill post it on BB:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks eastcoast.  I always enjoy reading your sage words of "BWS wisdom."

It's taken me a while to feel comfortable and not triggered by all of this, to finally post here.  I'm 16 months off, CT from a very long stint and hefty dose of the poison.  :thumbsup:

xoxo

Oh how nice to hear from so many friends! I dont spend much time here now, but hearing from folks I care about means a lot to me.

I considered starting a local in person benzo group. I tried posting about this on "NextDoor." That is a web site that is sort of like FaceBook but local only. I sure have met some great people there, and even found some work there, but not a single response to my "benzo Awareness" group. If any of you have good ideas on how to publicize this, please let me know!

How are all of you coping with Covid 19? How has this changed your life, so far? Do any of you know someone who has died from this vrius? I so hope not. I detest wearing a mask. And my paper ones are almost worthless. But better than nothing. I am lucky, so far, in that my county only has 90 cases and 8 deaths.

All of us need to weather the covid storm, along side our benzo war. Pretty hard to do, but we just have to.