Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Heath Ledger

[ja...]

Well, it's out...he died of an accidental overdose...restoril, oxycontin, diazepam, xanax,, and a couple other, I believe that were benzos.  I suspect he had paradoxical reactions as it was noted that he took two Ambien one night and woke up agitated after one hour.  Of course, I am sure his well meaning doctor then tried to deal with the actor's new anxiety disorder.  It was said that he identified too much with his new role which was quite creepy and couldn't sleep.  Look at the result.  A talented guy, obviously uneducated as far meds, dead because of all this.  What a shame.  Janus

hmmmm wonder if the doctor can be charged with murder.

the papers are portraying it as drug abuse - they failed to mention it was prescription drugs.

The other two drugs were vicodin and unisom (antihistamine). I realize he may have been uneducated in medication, but common sense would tell you not to take all those at the same time! this tells me he was probably using for a while now. You don't just suddenly start taking six or more different psych/pain drugs.And I think he was fairly drug savvy.

If he is taking oxycontin I doubt it was prescribed for him. This is a cancer pain drug. It's like morphine. But it is a really popular street drug. If he was using it, he was most likely buying it on the street.   

He did abuse illegal drugs in the past for sure, it's on video. and he may have still been. my guess is he had a long standing substance abuse problem, whether it was legal or illegal. :(

I had understood that he was pretty clean.  But I guess I didn't hear everything.  As far as mixing meds, psychiatrists do it all the time....you would not have believed what my psychiatrist wanted me on...all for appetite....6 different drugs.  "If they don't work," he said, "just take more."  Glad I didn't listen to him.  Janus

i have a rule - if drugs are part of the treatment think twice then think some more or as nancy regan used to say "just say no" - she was right.

[60...]

I tell that to my cat when she has had too much catnip.

"Just Say No."

Ha! I am really impressed if you can get any cat to do anything!!  :laugh:

Kristin

I tell that to my cat when she has had too much catnip.

"Just Say No."

Ha! I am really impressed if you can get any cat to do anything!!  :laugh:

Kristin

Yep Kristin, pretty impossible task. But they sure are cute. :smitten:

the news is trying to deal with poly drugging but there is yet to be a doctor that will stand up and call it abuse by doctors or pharmaceuticals - doctors keep trying to pin it on patient prescription abuse :pokey:

stupid doctors.